Athletic Trainer Certified (ATC) - Full-time / Part-time
| Estimated Pay
|$18 per hour
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Rehabilitation Services
Work Type: Full time
Department: Woodbine Sports Medicine Team
Date Posted: 07/26/2022
Job ID: R-35501
Job SummaryThis position is 80% in the traditional Athletic Trainer setting such as a school/university/community setting and 20% in the clinics assisting Physicians with care. Provides care to athletes/patients in a preventive, emergency, and rehabilitative manner in accordance with Physician's orders, and documents such care and treatment. Assists in the development and presentation of educational and community programs that support the Orthopaedics service line. Acts as a physician extender to the supervising physician within the Orthopaedics clinics.
- Provides Athletic Training Services to patients and contracted organizations as assigned.
- Assists with the development, implementation, and staffing for community events and related programming.
- Provides support by covering other contracted schools or changing assignments.
- Establishes and maintains community relations and provides educational programs for coaches, athletes and community members.
- Establishes and updates contracted organization Policy and Procedure manual with annual reviews.
- Performs initial patient assessments and screens, develops and distributes ongoing patient education information.
- Distributes Home Exercise Programs (HEP) and educates patient and family as directed by supervising physician.
- Prepares injections for physicians and physician assistants.
- Performs splinting and casting under physicians orders.
- Performs cast and suture removal.
- Performs scribing duties for a physician during a patient’s physical exam, as needed.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
Any candidate eligible to sit for BOC Boards is encouraged to apply prior to testing date
*$5,000 sign on for eligible candidates*
We offer competitive rates and benefits including 401k with 5% employer contribution