est. per hourLifePoint Health • 2d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per weekARMStaffing • 24h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per weekMedPro Healthcare Allied Staffing • 24h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per weekOneStaff Medical • 24h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourHarmonyCares • 2d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
- Up to $2,467
Verified per weekVivian Health • 24h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourFavorite Healthcare Staffing • 13h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourTravel Nurse Across America • 2d ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourQualDerm Provider Opportunities • 21h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Neurodiagnostic Tech II PRN - Full-time / Part-time
About this job
Sign-on Bonus: **Maybe eligible for $20,000 sign-on bonus**
Who We Are:
People are our passion and purpose. Come to work where you are appreciated for who you are not just what you can do. Licensed for 220 beds, SOVAH Health – Martinsville is a full service, acute-care hospital providing over 22 medical specialties. Among the services we offer are a home health & hospice agency, advanced wound healing center, cardiac rehabilitation center, two cardiac catheterization labs, and medical & radiation oncology services.
Where We Are:
In Martinsville, explore culture and arts; enjoy kayaking or hiking and so much more in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. From the river to the racetrack, we offer plenty of activities to guarantee that you and your family have a fun-filled time!
Why Choose Us:
· Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) and 401K Benefits for full-time employees
· Competitive Paid Time Off / Extended Illness Bank package for full-time employees
· Employee Assistance Program – mental, physical, and financial wellness assistance
· Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance for qualified applicants
· Professional development, Growth opportunities, and Mentor-based training
· And much more…
Sovah Martinsville is seeking a Prn Neurodiagnostic Tech II to help train new Sleep Laboratory personnel. Practices in accordance with state and federal law and health care regulatory standards. Competent in performing advanced sleep testing procedures and associated interventions. Works independently under the “general” supervision of the RPSGT Sleep Center Clinical Manager or Patient Care Coordinator or the Medical Director. Attends training and educational seminars as prescribed by the Sleep Center Clinical Manager or the Medical Director.
- Ability to recognize normal and abnormal sleep patterns and tracings. Recognizes sleep stages. Ability to recognize and eliminate artifact.
- Knowledgeable of common sleep disorders and treatment options. Able to educate patients using appropriate techniques.
- Helps train and supervise Sleep Laboratory Technicians and Trainees.
- Supervises and performs patient and equipment set-up and effects acceptable tracings per department policy and procedure.
- Ability to recognize EKG rhythms and dysrhythmias. Able to act on life threatening arrhythmias.
- Scores records, if trained, according to guidelines set by the AASM.
- Assists with the clerical and recordkeeping within the lab.
- Performs acceptable CPAP/BIPAP/ASV titrations per dept. protocols.
- Includes the proper use oxygen therapy as per department protocols.
- Able to communicate knowledgably with patients in order to elicit information and/or cooperation necessary to perform and complete studies.
- Performs patient and equipment calibrations.
- Cleans and maintains equipment in accordance with department policy on a daily basis.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and determine course of action.
- Properly documents information regarding patients on studies and tech reports.
- If trained, performs EEGS and Endarterectomy EEGS.
- Fill patient vacancies as needed.
- Schedules patients for additional studies as indicated.
- High School graduate or equivalent. Registered by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists as a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Requires full range of body motion, including handling and lifting patients, manual dexterity and eye and hand coordination. Requires standing, walking, stooping and stretching.
- Occasionally lifts, carries and pushes items weighing up to 100 lbs. (Mechanical ventilators, electrocardiographs, stretchers, and patient care carts). Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions extended shifts.
- AHA Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Licensed by the Virginia Board of Medicine to practice Polysomnography
- Two years of experience working in a sleep laboratory which includes at least one year of specific training administered by a RPSGT and a Sleep Board Certified Medical Director.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran