est. per hourOld Navy, Inc. • 2h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourFive Below • 2h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourGNC • 2h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourGap, Inc. • 2h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per hourBurlington • 2h ago Good payUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourBoot Barn Holdings, Inc. • 2h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per hourPepsiCo • 2h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per hourNike • 2h ago Excellent payUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourSalvation Army - ARC • 9h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Store Sales Associate - Full-time / Part-time
| Estimated Pay
|$14 per hour
| Town of Vestal, NY, US
Vestal, New York
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Looking for a company that treats associates with respect, understanding, and appreciation? Looking for a company that is passionate about teamwork and the growth of it's associates and communities? That's WEIS!
Hourly Pay Rate Range- $14.20 - $20.00
Weis Markets provides many career opportunities at all levels. We are known for internal promotions and career pathing from all positions. Whether you're looking to earn some extra cash, or looking to start a career, Weis Markets just might be the place for you!
The Sales Associate position is the foundation of our stores and encompasses a variety of opportunities. We train our associates in multiple areas across store operations to find the ideal position.
A newly hired sales associate can work as a cashier but also learn roles across any of the fresh and grocery departments. At Weis, we can help you build upon what you've learned to find the right path for you. The specific areas of need and your interests would be discussed during the interview process with our recruiters and hiring managers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Responsible for providing our customers with an enjoyable experience. Smiles and greets customers, answer questions, handles special requests, resolves customer issues in a prompt and courteous manner, and thanks them for choosing Weis Markets.
- Through company-provided training, ensure that merchandise is in stock, fresh, in saleable condition, and priced accurately with the correct signage, while communicating with team members if an issue arises.
- May assist in the production tasks in our deli, meat, bakery, or other fresh departments. Complies with our company's policies and legal regulations regarding food and human safety. May also be called upon to assist in other departments, as needed.
- Adheres to cleaning and sanitation guidelines to ensure that work areas, equipment, customer-facing areas, etc. are well maintained and clean and that health and OSHA requirements are met.
- Through company-provided training, associates can learn the use of specialized equipment and are expected to operate according to company policies and safety regulations.
This position currently has no supervisor responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, the associate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
Working towards completion of a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
Weis Markets is an Equal Opportunity Employer:Weis Markets is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, familial status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with a disability may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ways things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Weis Markets.