CMM Programmer/Quality Inspector
|East Lynne, Missouri
About this job
We are seeking a Quality Inspector to perform routine quality checks, tests, gauging, and instrument inspections of parts, parts in process, and finished parts. The ideal candidate will have Quality Inspecting experience and Mechanical Inspection experience along with excellent communication skills. They will have strong analytical capabilities to interpret detailed and complex drawings, as well as possess knowledge and experience using micrometers, calipers, and gages.
- Obtain necessary fixtures, gauges, indicators, and measuring instruments to check machine parts for compliance with specifications and tolerances.
- Follow and complete inspection checksheets during the inspection process.
- Inspect set-ups and mid-run parts using various measuring instruments such as CMMs, micrometers, calipers, and gauges.
- Schedule inspections based on inspection requests.
- Design inspection programs for machining operations to ensure compliance with control plans and customer requirements.
- Perform efficient mid-run inspections at predetermined intervals.
- Write upcoming program inspections offline when possible and make necessary program modifications to ensure up-to-date programs.
- Maintain accurate records of inspections performed.
- Perform gauge calibrations and certifications as needed.
- Ability to work well with others and communicate information to floor personnel in a fast paced environment
- Good understanding of Microsoft Excel and Inspection Reports
- Great understanding of blueprint reading for complex parts
- Great understanding and experience with GD&T including Position and Profile tolerances
- Experience and skill using all major mechanical inspection tools
- Experience setting up & running Optical (Video) Measurement System
- CMM experience
- Use both hands to secure large parts.
- Dexterity and preciseness required to operate gauges and testing equipment.
- Ability to bend and kneel to check parts.
- Ability to lift, push, or pull objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Please submit a resume for consideration. Only the most qualified applicants who provide a resume will be contacted. If you would like to learn more about Manufacturing opportunities, contact Boyer Bouman with gpac. Resumes can be confidentially sent to email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.