- U.S. NAVY RESERVE • 25d ago
Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
- U.S. NAVY RESERVE • 25d ago
Urgently hiring 4.6 miUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourStony Brook University • 8h ago Urgently hiring 14.4 miUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourEmergency Care Partners • 6h ago Urgently hiring 9.5 miUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per yearRASA II Company LLC • 2d ago 13.8 miUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Supervisor, Clinical Laboratory Operations
| Estimated Pay
|$99 per hour
|Brookhaven, New York
About this job
Monday through Friday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Supervises and coordinates the staff and daily activities of staff in a laboratory. Drives results in a fast-paced environment by providing operational leadership and by interacting with clients, presenting organizational capabilities, defining scope of work and delivering results through execution and technical guidance.
- Promotes Clinical Laboratory Operations' department goals by selecting, motivating, and training capable team members.
- Leads the activities of assigned Clinical Laboratory Operations team members by communicating and providing guidance toward achieving department objectives.
- Supervises, hires, trains, disciplines and evaluates the performance of staff.
- Ensures performance appraisals are completed in a timely manner.
- Prioritizes, schedules, assigns and monitors work to optimize operational performance.
- Coordinates staffing, material requirements and equipment needs.
- Analyzes, recommends, implements and monitors approved work-flow changes, procedures and protocols.
- Implements System/Department policies and government regulations, and monitors compliance.
- Maintains quality control activities and records.
- Ensures maintenance and calibration of equipment to assure proper functioning.
- Assists with preparation of and compliance with the approved operating budget.
- Performs related duties as required
- All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree required, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Current License to practice as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist or Cytotechnologist in New York State required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
- 6 years of technical experience, required and 0-2 years of leadership / management experience, preferred or Master's Degree with 4 years of technical experience
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future. When determining a team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated contracts, budget and internal equity).