Description: A Cashier will operate cash register and electronic scanner to itemize and total customers’ purchases, receives payment and assists in bagging purchases for customers.
- Carries out various Cash Register procedures
- Operates cash register and records prices, compiles printed list and displays cost of purchases, taxes and rebates on the monitor/ screen.
- Rings up customer sales.
- Reviews price sheets to note price changes and sale items.
- Helps customers to use electronic fund transfer machine, locate items within the store and select specific items mentioned in sale and rebate offers.
- Collects cash or checks from customers and makes change for can transactions.
- Counts cash in drawer at beginning and end of shift.
- Bags all merchandise and redeems promotional coupons.
- Writes customer orders.
- Processes balloon orders.
- Assists in the delivery of quality customer service through personal contact with customers and prospects while adhering to approved quality standards.
- Interacts with and assists customers.
- Answers the telephone.
- Completes Receiving, Merchandise Handling, Inventory Verification and Assigned
- Checks in merchandise when receiving shipment as needed.
- Tickets and labels merchandise.
- Packs out merchandise.
- Stocks shelves from overstock areas and climbs ladders when necessary.
- Assists in Inventory Verification.
- Responsible for certain categories in store as assigned by the General Manager.
- Oversees Store Appearance and Maintenance:
- Supervises all aspects of store maintenance and appearance to ensure compliance with Party City standards including taking out garbage, sweeping, cleaning restrooms, etc.
- Retrieves carts from the parking lot.
- Maintains front end and balloon counter.
- Great work environment!
- Employee discount!
Posting ID: 9720093Posted: 2020-02-19