Do you want to work for Macy's? Not sure what to expect? Here are some tips on how to get a job at Macy's:
1) Most candidates either apply online or through a recruiter and the process typically takes one to two weeks. Chances are, if the hiring manager approves your application, they'll ask you to come to one of the nearest store locations for a face-to-face interview. During the interview the hiring manager will talk to you and see if you're a good fit for the position, which will most likely be a sales associate role.
2) Interviewers at Macy's are looking for individuals who are passionate about taking part in their vision to "see opportunity on the horizon and have a clear path for capitalizing on it." In other words, they want to hire people who look for creative solutions, take initiative and aren't afraid of failure. Be sure to promote yourself as someone who will thrive in this inclusive and collaborative environment.
3) Since the position requires interacting with customers and knowing different fashion trends, it's important to touch on your interpersonal communication skills and discuss why you're passionate about working in retail. For example, explain past experiences where you provided great customer service. Also, highlight your love for fashion and how you plan to spread your enthusiasm as a sales associate.
4) As you go through the hiring process, a great way to impress the hiring manager is to do research on the company to emphasize your willingness to go the extra mile. For example, it would be good to know that they promote diversity and innovation through Employee Resource Groups (ERG). Dig into their mission statement and overall history so you can be prepared for questions related to your knowledge about Macy's.
5) If you end up getting called in for an interview, get ready for the big day by practicing their specific job interview questions. For example:
- Why do you want to work at Macy's?
- What do you think an ideal customer service interaction would be?
- What is your favorite thing about fashion?
- How would you handle an upset customer?
We hope you feel more confident about conquering the hiring process! Let us know below how it goes!