Professionals in their respective fields carry a degree or accreditation to be able to perform a job. A professional certification can boost one's chances of landing a new job, getting a promotion, taking on new responsibilities at work and earning a higher salary.
Top professional certifications currently in demand:
1. Project Management Professional- Anyone who has project management experience or performs managerial duties can acquire Project Management Professional (PMP) certification to help them learn how to meet the demands of project management, enhance their careers and improve their organizations' success. PMP certification is administered by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
2. Foreign Language - Being bilingual is a valuable skill and possessing a certificate will prove one's proficiency in another language. Employers commonly seek out bilingual workers to cater to their international audience, especially in customer service areas. Anyone interested can obtain a foreign language certificate from online classes or community colleges.
3. Corporate Training- As a business evolves, so does its need for professional staff training. Most businesses employ trainers, typically human resources staff and/or managers to train employees on policies and procedures on how to perform their jobs. Senior employees are regularly given refresher course and trainings to keep them up to date with the trends and demands of technological advancement in the workplace. A professional certification adds credibility to one's training and leadership skills.
4. Desktop Support - An IT Support Specialist provides assistance with computer systems to users. Duties range from installation, maintenance, and minor repairs of hardware and software, to conducting regular system diagnostics. Training, experience, and certification are three of the most important factors considered in hiring decisions. A variety of certifications are available for IT support specialists. Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise Desktop Support Administration certification is also a plus.
5. Personal Fitness Training- Fitness training instructor is one of the fastest growing occupations and based upon projections is expected to grow by twenty-four percent, between the years 2010 and 2020. The minimum educational requirement is a high school diploma or equivalent; however, employers often hire those who possess a certification. Training and certification courses are offered by many fitness and sports educators.
6. Professional Sales- A degree is not required to work in sales, yet you need to have the talent and experience to be able to perform the job of selling goods and services at a high level. Professional sales programs are industry-related; however, a variety of certification programs can teach you the right skills.
7. Web Design and Development- The demand for automation has given rise to many career opportunities in the field of technology. If you do not have a degree in web design and development, but are interested in working on web-related projects, there are many certificate programs to put you on the right path.
8. Certified Clinical Medical Assistant- Employment in the healthcare field is flourishing. Medical Assistants can provide administrative assistance and perform medical tasks for health practitioners. A degree is not necessary to work as a medical assistant; however, a professional certification is recommended. Certification can be earned by taking the Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) Certification Exams offered by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) Certifying Board.
About Educated Rooster
EducatedRooster.com is a community that empowers former students to gain the knowledge, tips and skills necessary to go back to college. Through an interactive community environment, students across the nation can communicate with one another, read great articles, watch videos and start discussions about everything related to going back to college. EducatedRooster.com allows students access to up-to-date research and personal stories about a topic that directly impacts them: college completion. Through the resources, narratives and online community, students gain mentoring and support for their personal and professional goals.