Well, let's start off by saying this is a pretty big deal. Congratulations on your first job interview! Don't freak out. You may be a little nervous, but the right preparation will put all your worries at ease. Here's a step-by-step guide to every part of the interview process.
1) Mock interview. Get a friend or family member to run through a fake version of the real thing to get a feel for the environment and see what is expected.
2) Practice the most common job interview questions so you roll right through each question the interviewer throws at you.
3) Research the company. Impress the interviewer with how prepared you are and your knowledge of their business.
4) Find the perfect interview outfit. Figuring out what to wear to your interview should be the easy part as long as it’s neat, clean and professional.
5) Test out the commute. Drive to the location the day before so you’ll know how long it will take to get there. This way you won’t feel rushed on the big day.
1) Be yourself. Friendliness can go far in an interview. Smile and let your personality shine through. It will make you instantly more likeable.
2) Watch your body language. Sometimes it’s about what you do, not what you say. Keep an eye on your posture, eye contact, etc.
4) Ask questions. When the interviewer asks you if you have any questions, always say yes! It’ll show you’re very interested in the position and making sure you’re a good fit.
1) Say “thank you”. Send a "thank you" letter to show your appreciation and stand out from the competition. It’s a nice gesture that can pay off big time.
2) Keep applying. While waiting to hear back from the employer, keep your job search going. Just in case things don’t work out, don’t stop looking until you have a job offer.
How did the interview go? Tell us below!