We take summer hiring seriously and wanted to find out what employers are looking for when it comes to their summer hires. We interviewed over 1,000 summer hiring managers and have some exciting results to share with you!
1) It’s time to start looking! Almost 80 percent of employers will have their summer hiring wrapped up by the end of May. In fact, they probably started looking in April.
2) More employers are looking for summer hires this year, compared with last year.
3) On average, hiring managers are looking to hire around 30 employees this season! Again, this is up from last year.
4) The number one quality employers are looking for in their summer hires is to have a positive attitude. This is followed by a flexible schedule and then experience. So, if you don’t have a ton of experience, make sure you go into the interview smiling and energetic. Also, keep your calendar clear. It’s easier to get hired if you can work when they need you versus if you can only work three days a week for a couple hours a day.
5) We saved the most exciting news for last: hourly wages this year are expected to increase to an average of $11.50 an hour! This is over a five percent increase from last summer.
Check out this sweet infographic we made to show you exactly what our summer employers told us.
Ready to get started? Start your summer job search today!