According to Merriam Webster, a barista is "someone who makes and serves coffee and coffee drinks…" Clearly, neither Merriam nor Webster is familiar with the tact and dedication necessary when facing the caffeine-starved zombies of the 7:30 a.m. rush.
Barista Resume Highlights - Skills and Responsibilities
What skills have you gained in your coffee house jobs or elsewhere in the service industry?
- Coffee knowledge
Barista Resume Highlights - Success Stories
Show off your success mixing efficiency and friendly service:
- Customer loyalty
- Rave reviews
- Leadership roles
Barista Resume Example
Barista, Have You Bean, Roaster City, CA
July 2013 - Present
- Coffee preparation: Utilize knowledge of coffee drink combinations to prepare highly-specific coffee drinks; stock work stations; maintain sanitary and tidy work area.
- Cashiering: Enter drink orders into computerized cash register; handle cash and make change; process credit cards; open, close, and balance drawer.
- Customer service: Apply knowledge of bean varieties, roasts, and popular drinks to guide customers to selections, upselling where possible.
- Adept at remembering names and preferences of individual customers to provide friendly, personalized service, and in turn, built a loyal customer base.
- Awarded Barista of the Month, September through December.
- Assigned to mentor new hires and train in workflow procedures, drink preparation, beans and roasts, and sanitation.