Employers look for cashiers from entry-level to highly experienced. Use your resume to highlight time spent as a cashier or skills you picked up in related jobs.
Cashier Resume Highlights - Skills and Responsibilities
List any cashier skills you may have, but don’t stop there. Include experience serving customers, handling inventory, or using technology:
- Customer service
- Bilingual communication
Cashier Resume Highlights - Success Stories
Share success stories from school, work, or even volunteer work to stand out from other cashier resumes:
- Attendance records
- Extracurricular experience
Cashier Resume Example
Concession Service, Arapaho Park District, Bixby, OK
May 2013 - October 2013
- Cashiering: Calculate and process cash and credit card payments for sports complex food service. Responsible for closing and balancing drawer.
- Customer Service: Receive, produce and deliver snack and drink orders.
- Bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Zero work call-ins, May through October 2013. Perfect attendance award, Arapaho High School, 2012, 2013.
- Volunteer valet for 600-guest Clara Hearts fundraising gala. Greeted guests, parked vehicles and tracked keys. Valets raised $2,400 in tips for charity.
- Advertising manager for Arapaho Star school e-newsletter, 2013. Organize and place local business advertisements in monthly student email.