Being in construction, you’ve probably done a little bit of everything. Highlight your responsibilities and your ability to quickly learn new skills on your resume.
Construction Worker Resume Highlights - Skills and Responsibilities
Talk up your technical know-how and dedication to hard work:
- Able to follow and read blueprints
- Familiar with appliance installation
- Comfortable with piping systems and plumbing layouts
- Ability to lift 90+ pounds
Construction Worker Resume Highlights - Success Stories
Show how your behind-the-scenes work helps your company run smoothly:
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving experience
- OSHA compliant
Construction Worker Resume Example
Construction worker, Blue Mountain Construction, Blacksburg, VA
February 2011 - Present
- Assisted tradesmen: plumbing, carpentry and drywall areas
- Heavy labor: jackhammering, ditch digging, hauling, etc.
- Organization: in charge of keeping construction area organized and arranged all raw materials, tools and equipment
- Created construction calendar to ensure all projects were completed on time. Resulted in a 90 percent on time completion rate.
- Worked with foreman to create new way of storing materials to maximize time and storage space. Resulted in a 10 percent growth in area use.
- Accurately read and interpreted prints, maps, sketches and surveys to ensure all projects were completed in a timely and efficient manner.