Working as a cook offers a variety of job opportunities, from steady institutional positions to creative restaurant jobs. The perfectly-seasoned resume will help you find a position to suit your tastes.
Cook Resume Highlights - Skills and Responsibilities
Show you have the skills to keep up in a busy kitchen:
- Food preparation
- Food safety
- Kitchen management
Cook Resume Highlights - Success Stories
Highlight culinary success and dedication:
- Leadership roles
- Positive ratings
- Kitchen updates
Cook Resume Example
Cook, Valley Community College, Willamette OR
March 2012 - Present
- Food preparation: Responsible for preparation of workstations and final dishes in college cafeteria. Duties include stocking of workstations with properly chopped, diced, sliced, etc. ingredients before open hours; production of short-ordered dishes; continual cooking and restocking of buffet items.
- Food safety: Utilize food handler training and certification to ensure safe food handling practices and kitchen sanitation.
- Kitchen management: Assigned inventory management of breakfast and salad bar items. Responsible for accurately estimating weekly ingredient needs and preparing vendor order.
- December 2013 – Food manager training certificate.
- Lead cook for breakfast short-order and lunch sandwich line. Manage two additional cooks and oversee final plate quality.
- Reorganized prep stations in my oversight areas to reduce redundancy and, in turn, wait times. Average number of diners in line reduced from 12 to 4.