Working as a line cook is a great stepping stone to get into the restaurant industry. Focus your resume on your ability to work quickly and efficiently and prove that you know your way around the kitchen.
Line Cook Resume Highlights - Skills and Responsibilities
Show you have the skills to keep up in a busy kitchen:
- Food preparation
- Meal Assembly
- Time management
Line Cook Resume Highlights - Success Stories
Highlight restaurant back of house success and dedication:
- Speed of delivery
- Positive ratings
- Kitchen updates
Line Cook Resume Example
Line Cook, Purple City Diner, Hampton NH
March 2013- Present
- Food preparation: Responsible for preparation of workstations and final dishes in college cafeteria.
- Food safety: Utilize food handler training and certification to ensure safe food handling practices and kitchen sanitation.
- Kitchen cleanliness: Oversee nightly cleaning duties.
- December 2013 - SafeServ certification
- Organized new cleaning chart which cut down nightly duties by 15 minutes.
- Reorganized prep stations in my oversight areas to reduce redundancy and, in turn, wait times. Average number of diners in line reduced from 12 to 4.