The best restaurant jobs come to those who don’t wait…to build a top shelf resume. With so many applicants, your waiter resume may only have a few seconds to catch a busy manager’s eye.
Waiter Resume Highlights - Skills and Responsibilities
Show your customer service skills and understanding of the restaurant business:
- Food and beverage service
- Culinary knowledge
- Alternate positions
- Cash handling
Waiter Resume Highlights - Success Stories
Talk up the areas where you support or even stand out among your team members:
- Attention to detail
- Positive reviews
Waiter Resume Example
Waiter, Amici Grill, Saul, NJ
April 2013 - present
- Food and beverage service: Serve food and drinks at metro Italian restaurant. Responsibilities include thorough knowledge of menu and specialty dishes; balancing up to eight tables while delivering precise individual orders; totaling bills and cash handling.
- Wine pairings: Utilize knowledge of domestic and imported wine varieties to suggest appropriate food pairings.
- Backup host: Double as host on low-volume shifts. Schedule reservations, rearrange seating as necessary and seat patrons.
- Zero call-ins, personal, or sick days
- Assigned as lead waiter, responsible for training new waitstaff. Also responsible for delegating server duties for private parties.
- Consistently positive customer reviews for hospitality, accuracy, and menu knowledge.