Harbor Freight Tools Careers
Are you interested in a great opportunity to "jump start" your retail career? Would you like to work for a retailer who provides GREAT Benefits and flexible hours? Then build your career today with Harbor Freight Tools!
Harbor Freight Tools Retail Clerk
Harbor Freight Tools Retail Clerk Job Responsibilities:
- Greet all customers entering the store within 10 feet of the entrance (our 10-foot Rule) and assisting our customers a courteous and business like manner.
- Operation of the store point of sale computer system handling customer transactions in a courteous manner; following all company policies and procedures pertaining to each type of transaction; presentation of the company Extended Service Plans to all customers on each qualifying product sold
- Assist in the replenishment of merchandise on the sales floor including filling merchandise, use of hand held pricing tools, hand held computerized scanners, assisting in setting up displays and advertised items
- Assist in maintaining the store appearance including general housekeeping tasks such as dusting of displays and merchandise, cleaning of shelves and display areas, keeping all employee areas clean and safe.
- Operate pricing tool and materials moving equipment
- May specialize in receiving and stocking, or cashiering.
- Collects, organizes, records, and files information.
- Performs computer data entry, 10-key calculator, and other office duties.
- Manages records and paperwork and is responsible for store office duties.
- Requires long periods of standing and moving
- May be moving merchandise throughout the day.
- Able to lift and/or move heavy items weighing between 26- 72 pounds.
- Requires individuals to work in and around forklifts.
- May operate a forklift (if age 18 or older).
Once you find a Harbor Freight Tools Retail Clerk job near you, fill out an online Harbor Freight Tools job application today!
Harbor Freight Tools Head Cashier
Harbor Freight Tools Head Cashier Job Responsibilities:
- Reviews point of sale transactions for compliance with company policies and procedures; reconciles cash with sales records daily; performs general recordkeeping and accounting duties; handles deposits and banking; collects, organizes, records and files information; performs computer data entry as required.
- Greets customers in person and by phone, answers questions, addresses concerns, and offers assistance as needed. May demonstrate product uses, operation, specifications and maintenance
- Handles all types of customer transactions; receives payment and/or obtains credit card authorization and is responsible for ensuring accuracy of such processes.
- Provides training for new cashiers on policies and procedures related to point of sale computer system.
- May oversee the checkout stations and the effective operation of the front of the store: regularly monitors checkout stations to ensure adequate cash available.
- Assists by preparing sales tickets and operating point of sales terminal as needed. Ensures that checkout areas are properly maintained in clean and orderly condition; approves transactions that require multiple review.
- Acts on behalf of Assistant Store Manager or Store Manager in the absence of either or both of these individuals; may maintain access to store doors, safe, and alarm, and assists with opening and closing the store.
- Explains warranties and presents the company Extended Service Plans options.
- May assist in receiving and placing new merchandise on display and maintaining product displays to ensure that they meet company standards. May operate forklift or other merchandise moving equipment.
- Assists in checking inventory of stock in order to be up to date on current and future product availability locally and throughout the district in order to be prepared for customer inquiries. Researches availability of merchandise and processes orders as needed.
- May be required to operate forklift or other merchandise moving equipment.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong attention to detail and proficiency with numbers
- Ability to take ownership of, and focus on critical initiatives
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Ability to solve practical problems and provide innovative solutions
- Ability to support and adapt to change
- Able to lift and/or move heavy items weighing between 26- 72 pounds on an intermittent basis
- Requires standing and moving for entire shift.
Once you find a Harbor Freight Tools Head Cashier job near you, fill out an online Harbor Freight Tools job application today!
Harbor Freight Tools Assistant Store Manager
The Assistant Store Manager position is used primarily as a "Manager-In-Training" position for recruiting and training Store Managers. Because of national expansion, the Assistant Store Manager position is used as a position which supplies the company with a ready source of managers familiar with retail management but not necessarily familiar with this company. Usual operating hours of retail locations are 8 am to 7 pm Monday through Sunday, 76+ hours per week.
All employees do stocking and display, pricing, cashiering (computer point-of-sale), receiving, clean-up, customer service, after business hours special projects, and sales.
The company selects Assistant Store Manager candidates who have had management or supervision experience with other retailers. Upon hire, Assistant Store Managers learn the company by performing the common tasks of all employees. Additionally, Assistant Store Managers quickly become responsible for the store in the absence of the manager and learn product ordering, inventory, opening and closing, personnel and timekeeping (including discipline, wage administration, performance reviews, hiring, employee relations, etc.), labor scheduling, merchandising, customer relations, sales reporting, office procedure, direction of store operations, and training. While in this training/introductory period, it is estimated that 40-45% of the Assistant Store Manager's time involves managing the store in the absence of the manager who is away for vacation, holiday, sick time, training time, and regular weekly days off. Such duty carries FULL responsibility for all store operations and personnel including safety and security.
Within the first several weeks of hire, an Assistant Store Managers will work in temporary assignment in a training store to learn company operations, procedures, and policies. Within 6-18 months of hire, Assistant Store Managers are given a written test covering all phases of store operations. The test is divided into sections which correspond to all major areas where knowledge of company policies and procedures involving store operations and management are important. Successful completion of each section of the written test is necessary.
The on-the-job training period for an Assistant Store Manager typically lasts 6 to 18 months, after which time he or she is eligible for promotion to a full manager position in another location.
Job duties and responsibilities involve: regular and significant management responsibilities; independent thinking and decision making (i.e. in the absence of the store manager); supervision, training, and instruction of workers; hiring, pay and performance administration; discipline and separation; responsibility for safety and security; responsibility for receipts, deposits and reporting in accordance with company policy.
Once you find a Harbor Freight Tools Assistant Store Manager job near you, fill out an online Harbor Freight Tools job application today!