The Falcon Group, a Project Management / Construction Administration team of highly skilled professionals, offers Architectural Services, Civil, Structural & MEP Engineering as well as energy consulting services to a variety of clients such as multi‐family residential, commercial and educational facilities. Our reputation is built on a unique ability to understand our clients’ needs, their anticipated budget and expected results, and to provide quality service within those parameters, from inception and design through final completion.
The firm is rapidly growing, and we are licensed in NJ, PA, NY, DC, DE, CT, FL, MD and VA. We are a NJ P4P Partner and our Corporate Headquarters is Energy Star Rated.
Our practice offers a wide range of services:
-Capital Improvements / Replacement & Renovation Project Designs / Specifications / Bid Documents
-Civil / Site Improvements Engineering
-Construction Administration and Observation / Project Management
-Design Plans and Specifications
-Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing & Energy Services
-Warranty / Insurance Claim Expert Reports
-Litigation Support / Construction Claims / Expert Testimony (Falcon Forensics)
-Capital Reserve Studies & Property Condition Assessments
-Parking Improvement Consulting
-Specialty Services for Community Associations, Co-ops / Condominiums & Building Owners
-Structural and Construction Engineering
-Water Testing / Moisture Surveys
-40-Year Re-certification Inspection
-Professional aerial photography, data mapping, analysis and inspections (Falcon Drone Services)
Are you ready to join one of the most successful and continuously growing A/E multi-disciplinary consulting firms on the east coast? If the answer is yes, then we have an immediate opening for a Project Manager with 3 - 5 years’ experience and mechanical engineering knowledge to work in the Existing Buildings Renovation / Multi-Family residential consulting/ design industry in our Rockville, MD location.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Take on overall management responsibility of client projects, including communications / meetings with clients, proposal development, job site visits, management of Falcon resources, contractors and consultants, and delivery of final product.
- Understanding the specifications for the project and collecting post-project feedback to look for issues and opportunities for improvement.
- Monitoring contractor work for conformance to project specifications.
- Working as our client’s representative during construction projects, reviewing and processing bid documents, change orders, RFI’s, construction documents, etc.
- Conducting on-site inspections and documenting existing conditions, perform field testing, progress photographs, and creation of hand sketches to document work in progress.
- Maintaining organized records, files, drawings, or other data essential to the project and ensure they are completed, reviewed and filed appropriately.
- Preparation of cost estimates by field measuring building and site components or performing take-offs from plans.
- Preparing written correspondence for clients, attorneys, contractors, etc.
- Prioritizing and managing multiple projects within budget restrictions.
- Business development which involves attendance at marketing functions, business dinners / events, and cross-marketing with other offices.
- Working closely with teams to understand the scope of work, budget, goals, deliverables and timeline to ensure project success.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
This position will mostly be in the field on job sites but will also require time in the office to help prepare construction documents and reports.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management or relevant work experience.
- Three to Five years’ experience, and/ or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Existing building and residential multi-family construction experience a plus.
Licenses and Certifications
- OSHA 10 hour certified preferred.
- Must have or be able to obtain an unrestricted valid Driver’s License.
- Personal drive, commitment, discipline; the desire to own your project from start to finish.
- Excellent written and verbal communication / presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to attend meetings and events, as needed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook preferred; AutoCAD / I.T. skills a plus.
- Ability to work individually or with team members and work collaboratively with other disciplines.
- Ability to work in the field and to travel outside local areas as workload and projects require.
- Ability to read construction drawings.
- Professional report writing skills required.
- Ability to review code requirements required.
- Construction inspection skills required.
- Ability to:
- Lift/ Carry up to 40 lbs. (ladders, hammers, harness equipment, etc.).
- Safely work at heights (fall protection & safety equipment provided).
- Work on suspended scaffolding on the exterior of the building high above ground (secured and protected)
- Safely use and/or operate ladders, scaffolds, lifts and other access equipment.
Full‐time benefits: We offer competitive salaries, professional work environments and benefits including available health, dental, and vision insurance; short-term and long-term disability; Allstate Supplemental Insurance Benefits, 401K retirement plan with company matching, paid vacation time, and paid holidays.
We are not offering re-location for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Veterans/ Disabled
Powered by JazzHR