101domain is growing! So, we're looking to add another System Administrator to our team working on our infrastructure.
Your primary responsibilities will be to go the extra mile to support and maintain our infrastructures as a team member of the infrastructure operations team. You will be exposed to various platforms and tools used.
You will work at the company’s IT fielding customer support inquiries regarding email, hosting, website builders, SSL certificates, DNS services, and more.
• Setup, monitor and maintain our infrastructure.
• Develop and provide training to members of the support operations team and other system administrators on new technology and procedures.
• Develop tools to automate away repetitive tasks such as building and deploying releases, tracking down users trying to abuse the systems, and general maintenance and upkeep.
• Work with 3rd party hosting environments with a focus on maintaining production systems and troubleshooting errors.
• Contribute to product design to help ensure they will scale and be reliable in production.
• Monitor all the things!
• Participate in our on-call rotation.
• Work on projects to improve the performance and reliability of the products.
• Provide support to users in the office.
We use a lot of different technologies. You don't have to have worked with all of these, but, so you have an idea of what you'll be working with, here is a list of some of the technologies we use:
• Proxmox, CEPH, EC2, S3, EIP, Cloudfront, Rackspace cloud
• Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Vagrant, Rundeck
• MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, REDIS, Elasticsearch
• Apache, NGINX, FPM, HAProxy, Varnish, Tomcat, Pound
• ELK, Sensu, Prometheus, Graphana
You must have:
• 5 - 10 years’ experience with Linux.
• 1-2 years of helpdesk experience.
• Familiarity with network monitoring tools.
• TCP/IP fundamentals, DNS, HTTP, SMTP, SSH, DHCP, etc.
• Worked in a production cloud environment or other hosting environment, understand their limitations as well as their benefits.
• Analytical and methodical approach.
• A keen understanding of how to monitor production systems.
• Ability to write scripts to automate tasks (Python, bash, etc.).
• Good documentation skills.
Bonus points for the following:
• Hosting company experience with shared hosting, hosted email, and other web presence retail products.
• Experience working with Plesk and cPanel hosting platforms.
• An understanding of (or desire to learn about) modern development and DevOps practices.
• Knowledge of or an interest in mobile web.
• Experience administering an e-commerce platform.
• A desire to grow with a growing company.
• Looking for a career, not just another job.
Personal skills required:
• Thorough and organized.
• Very strong, proven analytical abilities.
• Able to adapt to frequent change well.
• Eagerness to learn and develop new skills.
• Attentive to detail.
• Able to work well with others.
• Excellent ability to absorb, comprehend, and explain written technical material.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.