Production Operator - Pennsboro, WV - Starting at $13/hour - $500 Bonus
Pennsboro, WV 26415, USA
Tuesday, December 1, 2020
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
The Production Operator is responsible for the fabrication and assembly of the component parts for the final assembly of windows. This job description is reflective of tasks that will be performed in a variety of departments.
- Base pay of $13.00/hour.
- Added $1.00/hour differential for night shift work.
- $500 Bonus paid after 90-days of employment.
- Opportunities available for Day Shift (weekdays starting at 7:00 AM) and Night Shift (weekdays starting at 7:00 PM) and Part-Time.
- Full-time benefits begin on day 1 of employment.
- Streamlined Interview and Selection process for quick start dates.
- Open Walk-In Interviews at Pennsboro facility every Wednesday from 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM.
- Operation of various hand tools to manual build window units together
- Lift windows onto build tables and roller racks
- Movement of carts in and out of production work area
- Operation of various type of saws to cut wood necessary to mull units
- Operation of fabrication (punch press) dies
- Application of hardware to units with the appropriate tooling
- Operation of stretch wrapping equipment
- Loading of equipment for processing insulated glass units
- Assembly of grids
- Off loading insulated glass units to carts
- Final loading of window units into trucks
- Utilize production reports to assist in production planning
- Ensures overall quality of work produced by performing quality audits and engaging in problem solving activities to resolve issues of concern
- Observes applicable safety, health and environmental guidelines. Wears all required personal protective equipment
- Participation in cross-rotation with other operators as needed
- Supports the cross training initiative to include assisting other employees with training as needed
- All other tasks assigned by the Supervisor
- Ability to measure lengths accurately to 1/32"
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Able to convert fractions to decimals
- Ability to read and interpret common statistical data, productivity reports, and written instructions
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Capable of using computerized equipment
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on a continual basis. Able to lift above shoulder height and below the waist
- Will require standing, walking and working on concrete surfaces for long periods of time
- Ability to move carts in and out of production areas
- A high school diploma or GED preferred.
- One to three years of experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, protected veteran status, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or national origin.
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.
Posting ID: 586225611Posted: 2020-12-01