Are you interested in being a positive role model for kids? Are you looking to get your foot in the door and/or gain experience in an educational atmosphere?
If you answered yes to either question, we are looking for you!
San Juan Unified School District is looking for those who would like to work with elementary and middle school age students in the Bridges After-School Program.
Under general supervision assist in providing academic support to both large and small groups of elementary or middle school students. Facilitate assigned enrichment and recreation activities to students and performs miscellaneous related duties as required.
Applicants should have the desire to work with kids and.
- Be a positive role model for students
- Provide leadership and guidance for approximately 20 students
- Organize and maintain control of a group of student with the ability to maintain a calm and quiet classroom to facilitate homework time.
- Plan and implement recreation activities such as kickball, soccer, four square, basketball, steal the bacon, etc.
- Leads and facilitates enrichment activities (i.e. art, music, reading, math, science, and other learning activities including the use of computers and other technologies)
- Implements all program and site behavior policies as designed.Work schedules are Monday-Friday and hours vary depending on the school sites, but are approximately 2:15-6:00 MTWF and 1:00-5:45 on Thursdays. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Basic academic competency must demonstrated by providing one of the following:
- Proof of a passing score on the San Juan Unified School District's proficiency exam, transcripts demonstrating completion of two years of college (48 semester units/60 quarter units), and AA/AS degree (or higher), or proof of a passing score on the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST).
- The position required passing of a criminal background check (DOJ/FBI Prints) as well as a current TB test.
- Possess a Valid Driver’s License/ID and Minimum Age18+ years old
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Requires a high school diploma/equivalent; any combination of training, education, and experience which demonstrates the ability to assist in the planning and facilitation of activities in an after school program.
Want more information?
Posting ID: 511713844Posted: 2020-11-05