Responsibilities of the Business Development Manager - Army/DOD
The Business Development Manager (BDM) will be responsible for identifying and winning U.S. Army and other Department of Defense (DOD) business based on EDC's Business Systems/ERP expertise and related services capabilities. The BDM will work on selected opportunities within his or her assigned client territory and work closely with EDC's leadership team to develop call plans, bid strategies, pricing, teaming, and proposal strategies. Rather than transition from the opportunity discovery phase to the proposal phase, the BDM will be responsible for the entire end to end lifecycle of the opportunity, and manage every aspect of the opportunity pursuit and the business capture lifecycle from identification through award and delivery. The BDM is required to reside in the Northern Virginia area and must have a proven track record of selling professional consulting services and related technical services to the U.S. Army, other military services, and Defense agencies. Knowledge of ERP solutions such as SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft and Maximo is a requirement. The BDM must have excellent client-facing skills, as well as top notch written, verbal and inter-personal communication skills. The BDM will be required to have extensive experience supporting proposal efforts for U.S. Army and other DOD clients. Prior experience working with large companies/systems integrators is a plus. A former consulting background is preferred.
· Minimum of 8 years in Federal Government sales, business development, account management, proposal and capture support, and the direct management of business opportunities throughout the entire sales and business development lifecycle.
· Excellent understanding of ERP (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft and Maximo solutions).
· Strong understanding of Financial, Logistics, Supply Chain and HR business processes within the military and Defense agency environments.
· Extensive BD experience supporting U.S. Army and/or other DOD clients such as U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Coast Guard and Defense Agencies such as the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), and the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD).
· Experience working with large companies and systems integrators such as IBM, Deloitte, Accenture, CSC, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Booz-Allen, CACI, etc.
· Experience working with large and small companies with an established footprint in the U.S. Army PEO EIS and other U.S. Army organizations.
· Strong understanding of the U.S. Army and the Army's PEO EIS organizational structure.
· Extensive knowledge of sales processes in a DOD acquisition environment, to include proposal processes, capture management, pricing and project delivery.
· The skill to independently identify, validate and qualify business opportunities and to prepare those opportunities for bid review by the EDC management team.
· The ability to manage a business pipeline accurately using on-line tools.
· Detailed knowledge of the proposal preparation process, including the ability to understand and analyze the details of an RFP/RFQ and recommend a bid/no-bid decision.
· Diversity of experience in large corporate organizations and small business concerns.
· Outstanding communication skills (written and oral); including a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
· Excellent writing and presentation skills
· Proposal coordination skills including document formatting and print production
· Exceptional facilitation and organization skills are required
· Bachelors degree from an accredited college/university
· Advanced/Graduate degree preferred
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. EDC Consulting is an equal opportunity employer.
About EDC Consulting
Headquartered in Tysons Corner, EDC Consulting is an SBA Small Business with more than 150 employees, 70 clients and numerous prime contracts-including prime contracts at U.S. Army, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Federal Trade Commission, Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (ATF), U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) and more. EDC specializes in the development, implementation and deployment of complex business systems across large and small and small enterprises. EDC is a certified SAP Partner and an Oracle Platinum Partner. EDC works alongside its clients to implement, develop, maintain and operate SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft and Maximo software solutions. EDC has provides a wide-range of professional services including Systems Engineering, Data Management, Legacy/ERP conversions, Information Assurance, Enterprise Architecture, Business Case and Requirements Analysis, Business Process Engineering, Solution Design, Software Development, Testing, Documentation, Configuration Management and Production Support to such clients as the U.S. Army, OSD, U.S. Navy, NASA, IRS, DHS, Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Department of Interior, Department of Education and the Department of Agriculture as well as other agencies in the Federal market and Intelligence community. In addition to providing ERP support services to the Federal government, EDC's Business Strategy offerings include Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V), Program Management (PM) and Security, Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) services. Visit EDC Consulting on the web at www.edcconsulting.com.