The RN On-Call is a valuable member of the home health team and will be responsible for meeting the needs of
our patients outside normal business hours by performing visits when notified by the triage RN on-call.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following statements describe the principal activities of this position identified and shall not be construed
as a detailed exposition of all the duties that may be inherent in this position.
• Responds to all visits within two (2) hours of receiving the call from the triage RN on-call;
• Performs visits which require scheduling outside of normal business hours;
• Documents each visit in an On-Call Coordination Note as well as the proper documentation in Point Care;
o Notes to include actions taken and any follow up documentation needed;
o On-Call Coordination notes to be used to provide report log for the office staff and home health team;
• Follows up with triage RN on-call as needed;
• Admits new patients who require an after-hours admission;
o Reviews all available referral information;
o Receives home health order from physicians;
o Discusses election of benefit forms with family and patient and signs;
o Completes initial home safety evaluation including emergency preparedness and any risks that
o Completes initial assessment of patient caregiver needs;
o Creates Initial Plan of Care;
o Contacts physician as needed;
o Collaborates with the home health team regarding the new patient;
o Updates triage RN on-call as needed;
• Represents the Company and the Home Health department in a courteous and professional manner at
• Complies with Compliance Plan;
• Complies with HIPAA Policies. Maintains confidentiality of information relating to the patient and family.
Will discuss only those aspects necessary to the care and treatment of patient and family with those directly
involved in the patient's care;
• As business needs may change, may perform additional responsibilities assigned by supervisor that are
reasonably related to the position.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Graduate of an approved School of Professional Nursing;
• Current state RN licensure in the state of practice;
• Possess and maintain current CPR certification and TB test.
• Must have one of the following:
o Minimum one (1) to two (2) years' recent acute care experience in an institutional setting;
o Minimum one (1) to two (2) years' recent experience in home care preferred;
• Home Health experience preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements
• Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations and adapt quickly to abrupt changes;
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of client and employee records and information;
• Must have excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills;
• Must have excellent customer service and leadership skills
• Must have basic math skills;
• Must be a self-starter and take initiative;
• Must have strong time management skills;
• Must have good problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills;
• Must have basic math skills;
• Must be detailed, accurate and can multi-task;
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, applicable software systems and data entry/keyboarding;
• Knowledge of patient evaluation and triage procedures;
• Demonstrate nursing skills per competency checklist;
• Demonstrated ability to supervise aides;
• Ability to provide care to patients at remote locations and demonstrate good nursing judgment with
• Ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively;
• Ability to deal effectively and courteously with clients, families, and co-workers;
• Ability to interact and exhibit an empathetic attitude toward the sick and elderly;
• Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions;
• Ability to travel as needed.
Posting ID: 599635067Posted: 2021-01-15