At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you'll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
As part of Freddie Mac's adoption of a 'three lines of defense' approach to risk management, Investments and Capital Markets (I&CM) division has an established a 1st Line of Defense team to evaluate the counterparty credit risks assumed by I&CM.
- The team is responsible for managing I&CM's credit exposure to its trading and lending counterparties
- Ensuring that counterparty risks are adequately evaluated, and that adverse portfolio and/or individual counterparty trends are identified in a proactive manner for loss avoidance
- Monitoring, analyzing and providing analysis of activities relating to the extension of counterparty risk limits and portfolio performance within I&CM
- Review and assess the credit strength of Freddie Mac's Financial Institutions and CCP counterparties
- Perform counterparty credit risk annual reviews
- Present, recommend and defend internal risk ratings for counterparties
- Track regulatory, political and economic developments and determine potential impacts on credit risk profile
- On-going counterparty surveillance and monitoring
- Work closely with front office on exposures, trading activities and limit breaches
- Establish strong working relationships with internal and external business and supporting partners
- Underwrite and opine on derivative and funding transactions, while ensuring appropriate documentation and risk mitigants
- Analyze risk exposures and key drivers
- Minimum of 5 years of credit risk experience covering Financial Institutions and CCPs
- Knowledge of derivatives, repurchase and related transactional legal documentation (i.e., ISDA/CSA, Clearing, MRA, MSFTA, etc.)
- Experience in presenting and defending findings and recommendations to counterparty risk team, senior management and other internal partners
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentational skills!
- Solid technical skills, including Excel and programming. Comfortable working with large datasets
- Excellent communication skills, including comfort interacting with internal management and external partners
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you'll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
Posting ID: 565759185Posted: 2020-09-22