JOIN THE ALIGNED TEAM AND EXPERIENCE OUR EXCITING GROWTH IN ASHBURN!
We're looking for hungry, yet humble professionals that are “Aligned” with our DNA!
We are engineers. But we’re also scientists, controls integrators, builders and operators with decades of experience architecting critical infrastructure solutions. We’re a group of people who have devoted our careers to not just solving the challenges in front of us but anticipating what’s ahead.
If you’re interested in learning more, please review the job summary below and apply online through our careers page at www.alignedenergy.com.
*THIS POSITION MAY REQUIRE NIGHT SHIFT WORK. WE ARE ALSO NOT PARTNERING WITH SEARCH AGENCIES AT THIS TIME.*
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Chief Engineer, this position requires extensive hands-on analysis, maintenance and troubleshooting of facility operations within Aligned. Work includes installation, repair, and maintenance of critical and non-critical mechanical and/or electrical machinery and controls located in the interior and exterior of building.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (to include, but not limited to):
- Maintain, monitor, and performs preventive, predictive, and corrective maintenance on critical and non-critical equipment
- Mechanical areas to include operation and maintenance of multiple components within the HVAC system, plumbing installation/maintenance, generator operations, fire detection and suppression, life safety, temperature control systems, building management systems, and digital systems (including fire alarm, duress, card access, CCTV).
- Electrical responsibilities include plan, implement, coordinate and supervision of all electrical operations, maintenance, and energy management programs for a critical facilities environment. Ensure conformance with all Change control development, approvals and execution.
- Scheduling, development and quality assurance for all preventive maintenance, contracted maintenance, general maintenance.
- Routinely performs all work in strict accordance with governing MOP/SOP/ERP procedures, and maintenance work instructions.
- Operate and monitor critical and non-critical system equipment and components. Oversee work efforts (including 3rd party contractors) for safe and compliant operation, maintenance (corrective and preventive), and modification of critical equipment. Disable and enable fire alarm control panels and systems.
- Receive and execute work orders for preventative and corrective maintenance on critical systems and building physical structure. Consult with Chief Engineer or Supervisor to order necessary materials to complete all maintenance and perform necessary work. Finalize work orders by completing necessary documentation in the computerized maintenance management system.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.) and customer concerns.
- Monitor building operations and tours properties periodically during scheduled shift.
- Receives work order for Preventative and Corrective maintenance on electrical systems and building physical structure.
- Consult with supervisors and staff as appropriate to identify and order necessary materials to complete all maintenance and perform necessary work. Finalize work orders by completing necessary documentation.
- Understand the engineering design and operational aspect of all electrical systems.
- Evaluate, assign and monitor the safe work responsibilities and safety procedures capabilities of employees and contractors.
- Respond quickly to emergency situations, develop and communicate and improve Aligned's processes to ensure continuous improvement and innovation.
- High school diploma and minimum 2-5 years’ experience in electrical or mechanical critical facilities support; or 7+ years’ experience as HVAC or mechanical technician
- Nuclear training background a plus
- Electrical/Mechanical certifications preferred
- Able to work overtime and longer shifts (12 hour)
- Computer skills required: MS Office
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Aligned Energy is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
Aligned is an infrastructure technology company that offers adaptable colocation and build-to-scale solutions to cloud, enterprise, and managed service providers. Our intelligent infrastructure allows densification and vertical growth within the same footprint, enabling customers to scale up without disruption, all while maintaining industry-leading Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE). By reducing the energy, water and space needed to operate, our data center solutions, combined with our patented cooling technology, offer businesses a competitive advantage by improving sustainability, reliability and their bottom line. Aligned operates data centers in Ashburn, VA, Phoenix, AZ, Salt Lake City, UT, and Dallas, TX.