ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
General Maintenance Technician - Top Secret SCI Clearance w/ CIP Required
Job Type/ FLSA Status
General Maintenance Technician
The General Maintenance Technician performs general maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings requiring practical skill and knowledge in HVAC and electrical lighting. This position requires the ability to work independently, with forward thinking and understanding of building systems and their affect to the occupant's comfort and operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ("Incidental" job duties may be included, but must be indicated. Other essential and incidental job duties may be assigned.
• Ensure safe and proper operations of HVAC, Fire Life Safety equipment and electrical systems.
• Perform minor plumbing repairs.
• Perform lighting and ballast replacement.
• Operate, maintain and repair all auxiliary equipment associated with HVAC operations (Chillers, Boilers, RTUs, CRACs,).
• Complete all work orders on time.
• Ensure that proper housekeeping is maintained in all mechanical areas.
• Submit work requests for work to be done on equipment needing attention.
• Sign and perform tasks in log book on a daily basis.
• Monitor all available information of all Facility Support Systems displayed on the computer BAS. system. Follow up on any issues as they arise.
• Support building owners and their assigned representatives for information and execution of repairs and capital projects.
• Purchasing repair and maintenance parts as needed.
• Manage subcontractors as required ensuring scope compliance and quality of services performed.
• Ensure compliance with established Methods of Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Works overtime as assigned and required.
• Familiar with all applicable Federal, State, and local rules, codes, and regulations.
• Interact effectively with internal and external customers.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE (Include necessary licenses and specialized training.
• 5+ years minimum.
• MD 1st, DC 3rd or HVAC License preferred but not required.
• Universal CFC license required.
• Must possess valid driver's license in good standing.
• Experience working in a mission critical office or facilities environment required. Mobile Services experience a plus.
• Ability to keep organized documentation of logs, Work orders, and Preventative Maintenance Work Orders on all equipment.
• Hands on electrical or mechanical skill, and competence in the area of non-expertise (for example, electrical expertise with a mechanical competence, or vice-versa)
• Operate and perform both routine and emergency service on a variety of systems.
• Proficiency in computerized work order systems, email, word processing and spreadsheets.
• Must possess an active Top Secret SCI Security Clearance with CIP.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
Typical office conditions, plus constant visits throughout the building and rooftop, where the individual is around equipment and dust, moving through confined spaces, and in extremes of heat and cold. Position may require travel to other locations for public relations, meetings, training, and education.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. Standing and walking is required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employee must be able to climb stairs and ladders for site access and occasionally tolerate exposure to heights during jobsite visits.
Chantilly, VA US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy
Posting ID: 575431290Posted: 2020-09-23