Title Software Engineer (YT) EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Description Required TS/SCI, BS/BA Degree - preferably in Computer Engineering or a related field or equivalent, Minimum 6 years with years of current experience implementing Web Services using Java EE (6 or 7), using Spring Framework API, Spring Integration, Mule or Apache Camel. Ability to lead a scrum team. Scrum Master certification * No Direct Reports Essential Functions: Software Engineer will be responsible for development of new software and integration of existing open source and commercial software for a large, complex enterprise search system. Development and integration tasks will include: -Developing software architecture, requirement analysis, selection and evaluation of COTS and GOTS tools, implementation and system integration activities (with both new and legacy systems) -Acting as a technical expert in software engineering and big data analytics to build a large highly complex software system using best practices in the industry -Researching new technologies for future enhancements and implement as required -Developing software code for a Unix or Linux Environment, using unit test framework, build automation, and source code version control management tools In this position the individual will need to be a self-starter and with the ability to solve complex problems under minimal supervision. Position Requirements Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or appropriate discipline and related technical experience utilizing the required skills listed below:
• 9+ years of experience supporting software architecture development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation
• 9+ years of experience with basic Unix/Linux operation system administration and shell scripting (CentOS/RHEL preferred)
• 6+ years of current experience implementing Web Services using Java EE (6 or 7), using Spring Framework API, Spring Integration, Mule or Apache Camel
• 6+ years of current software development and unit testing tools: Eclipse IDE, Maven, JUnit, source control systems (GIT)
•Experience with implementing and maintaining a full DevOps pipeline using tools such as Jenkins, Chef/Puppet, Selenium/Test Complete
• Working experience developing and maintaining a software system in a Cloud environment (AWS/GovCloud/C2S)
• Direct and oversee software development by Harris and subcontractor teams Preferred Additional Skills: Ability to lead a scrum team. Scrum Master certification.
• NGA, IC or DoD IT experience strongly preferred.
• Experience with Agile/Scrum lifecycle management/development.
• Demonstrated ability in problem-solving and in the defect resolution process.
• Ability to quickly understand an organization's business functions.
• Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to understand and explain complex information simply and accurately Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Shift First Benefits Our company OST has been operating since 1996 and have various contracts with Government agencies. We offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes 3 weeks paid time off, 2 weeks Holiday pay, medical/dental coverage, STD, LTD, Life Insurance, AD&D, 401k with up to 4% match, and end of year profit sharing paid out in 401k. Security Clearance Number of Openings 1 Exempt/Non-Exempt Exempt Req Number INF-19-00018 Location Herndon, Virginia This position is currently accepting applications.