Metro Systems Inc. is working with one of the world's largest, fastest growing, best companies in the world to hire top tier individuals with an electrical or mechanical background to work within our client's cutting edge data centers. These individuals will be working as part of a dynamic team and will play a critical role in a best in class, Fortune Top 20 company.
The Data Center Engineering Operations Technician (EOT) Mechanical/Electrical is responsible for operating and maintaining all electrical, mechanical, and fire/life safety equipment within the data center through the automated controls systems. This committed team of EOT's works as a technical resource to support the full physical infrastructure of our client's owned and operated data centers that store mission-critical IT servers, data and equipment. Specifically, this team works to ensure that the data center's MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing (architectural), operates at 100% availability while maintaining first-class customer service to the teams and groups within the data centers.
EOT's are the front line responders for hands-on electrical and mechanical equipment troubleshooting and operation. This equipment includes, but is not limited to, stand-by diesel generators, switchgear, UPS's, PDU's, AHU's, chillers, cooling towers, chemical treatment systems, pumps, motors, VFD's, and building automation systems.
· Operate and maintain mechanical and electrical equipment.
· Perform root cause analysis of equipment failures.
· Perform limited maintenance tasks to include: filter changes, battery system PMs, Rack PDU & Rack ATS replacements.
· Troubleshooting of facility and rack-level events within internal SLA.
· Ensure all safety procedures are adhered to while performing work.
· Supervise contractors who perform servicing or preventive maintenance
· Able to work a 12 hour shift (rotating 3 to 4 day work weeks). Paid time-and-a-half for OT!
· Take daily operational readings of all mechanical and electrical equipment.
· Utilize internal CMMS to manage building workflows.
· Take daily operational readings and provide to Senior Engineers for metrics reporting.
· Perform walkthroughs of equipment to ensure equipment is running smoothly.
· Administrative work to including data entry in Excel, writing of work authorizations and work orders.
· Maintain power and cooling of facility as well as ensure clean rooms for critical environment.
· Technical (Military/ Trade School) training and/or relevant experience.
· Experience working in a Data Center or a Critical Environment
· 2+ years of relevant work experience.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Solid leadership and organizational skills.
· Attention to detail with high energy and able to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment.
Posting ID: 570035319Posted: 2020-09-23