Nurse Navigator - RN - 24 hrs p/wk (Fairfax-FVC)
Fairfax Radiology Centers, LLC is offering a fantastic opportunity for a Registered Nurse (RN) Navigator to work with the FRC Interventional Oncology (IO) Team at the Fairfax Vascular Center (FVC). We prefer the candidate to have prior RN navigator and/or oncology nursing experience. The IO Nurse Navigator will work collaboratively with the FRC team to guide our cancer patients through their continuum of care. This includes interacting with referring physicians and patients to coordinate assessments, treatment plans and follow ups. The Nurse Navigator is expected to provide the patient's family with excellent and expedient care in an emotionally supportive and compassionate manner. Work Part Time @ 24hrs p/week, Mon, Wed and Fri preferred, approximately from 8:00am 4:30pm. This schedule is subject to change. The office is based in Fairfax, VA.
The position will include Pro-rated Leave and Holidays; Pro-rated Continuing Education Reimbursement; some uniforms; and free parking. FRC Offers competitive salary and excellent working environment. No Call, no Evenings!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the point of contact and key link for referring physician offices in coordinating referrals, initiation of consults and follow ups, gathering records, and providing ongoing communication regarding diagnosis, treatment and follow up plans.
- Work with our Interventional Oncology team in development of treatment plans.
- Navigate patients and their families through their cancer care continuum.
- Educate patients about their diagnosis, treatment options and resources available. Refer patient questions to other team members when needed. Assist in development of patient education material.
- Initiate direct communication with Inova Fair Oaks hospital and Inova Fairfax Hospital coordinators to schedule patient procedures and provide them all preop necessities to carry out their procedures safely and successfully.
- Work with patients and families through their care process to ensure they understand the diagnostic process and imaging protocols, treatment recommendations and care plan.
- Assist patients with referrals for associated needs, including home nursing, physical therapy, pain management and hospice.
- Act as a liaison to cancer support groups.
- Schedule patients for Tumor Board and attend Tumor Board when feasible.
- Identify benefits and coordinate resources based on patient needs and insurance coverage.
- Respond timely to patient communications including daily monitoring of interventional oncology phone and voicemail.
- Actively track all IO patients to ensure that they are receiving appropriate care and that all their medication needs, imaging, follow up and referrals are fulfilled.
- As needed--Assist in the pre-authorization process for various procedures and work closely with FRC and Inova billing departments to ensure completion of approval and/or denials.
Qualifications and Requirements:
RN certification/BSN; VA License; RN with five years of general direct patient care nursing experience including 2 years of experience in a physician office setting strongly preferred. Previous RN navigator and/or oncology nursing experience preferred, but willing to train the right person.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills: a problem solver with the ability to multi-task, coordinate and juggle many tasks at once
- A responsiveness mindset towards fulfilling patient needs and the ability to develop close relationships with other caregivers and teams, patients and families
- Excellent clinical skills
- Prior cancer case management experience preferred
- Computer savvy with electronic medical records (EMR) skills.
To submit your resume and desired salary, please:
1) press APPLY button OR
2) submit to: http://fairfaxradiology.applicantpool.com
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Posting ID: 566025446Posted: 2020-08-11