Our organization is seeking an Office Assistant. The Office Assistant will be a team player to support numerous aspects of organizational assistance to the Executive Director, Independent Living Coordinators, additional staff, and volunteers. An ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative support with specific skills in accounts billable, accounts receivables, and other organizational tasks. This person must be exceedingly well organized, highly flexible, and enjoy challenges. The role is challenging but will provide a wide variety of experiences. Our organization’s Executive Director highly values proactiveness and is looking for someone eager to learn and grow with the organization. It's an exciting role, no day is the same. Dedication, great communication skills, optimism, and a sense of humor towards life and work are essential.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Be friendly and personable while assisting with billing and accuracy with tracking invoices.
- Purchasing, Receiving, and Organizing Purchase Orders
- Assist with database entry in multiple databases and assist with monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports.
- Coordinate with Executive Director to fulfill short-term projects/events and initiatives as requested by the Executive Director.
- Support the communication and support for multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner – use and become proficient with computer-based applications for project and task management.
- Respect the need for confidentiality and sensitivity of information.
- Have a proven ability to exercise good judgment and maturity in recognizing the scope of authority.
- Proactively engage with all other related assigned tasks.
- Become proficient with computer/cloud-based communication-systems (telephone, messaging), goal, and task management systems to support and assist organizational communications.
- Greet visitors graciously and in a professional manner, create a good personal image through a neat, clean, businesslike professional appearance and a positive, cheerful attitude.
- Answer phones in a pleasant, helpful and professional manner, direct all incoming calls to appropriate party promptly and efficiently, accurately recording messages, and reliably passing messages to the recipient in a timely manner using appropriate communication and database systems. Document nature and results of calls appropriately in database systems.
- Participate in Information and Resource Referral Service delivery as needed to backup and support staff.
- Work with external requests and scheduling with Executive Director for meeting space usage, and audio/video supports.
- Organize the logistics of assigned meetings and other key internal meetings.
- Organize, prepare, and arrange accommodations for all meetings, including the setup of virtual meetings.
- Be proficient with computer calendar and calendar sharing systems (server and/or cloud-based), Office 365.
- Keep accurate records and files at all times and as appropriate.
- Assist with documents (physical and/or digital) filing and organizing.
- Update and maintain a database of key contacts and resources.
- Assist with special projects and additional reports as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, and quality
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to maintain calendars and schedule appointments
- Ability to compose and edit written/digital materials
- Ability to work easily and effectively with a wide range of people
- Able to manage multiple projects and responsibilities at once with an ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to be flexible with the supervisor
- Ability to exercise sound judgment with duties, staff, volunteer, and public
- Ability to work flexible hours and/or weekends as requested in advance
- Possesses time/organization/stress management skills
- Strong commitment to our goals and mission
- A responsible attitude to all aspects of the work
- Demonstrates solid work ethics
- Proficiency with MS Office 365 especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint – Mac Based systems like Keynote, Pages and have acuity for using and learning various databases and software systems
Employment Type: Part-Time
Pay Range: $15 to $20/hour based on experience, education, and skill level
Degree: Bachelors Preferred
Experience (years): Three to five years or more
Job Location: Macon, GA
Post Date: October 28, 2020
DISABILITY CONNECTIONS' MISSION:
To enable all people with disabilities to attain and have access to all opportunities in life.
A Non-Residential Center for Independent Living
A Private Non-Profit Organization
Serving People of All Ages with All Types of Disabilities
Serving a Twelve County Area in Middle Georgia
Like other centers for independent living around the country (click here for national listing), Disability Connections (DC) is non-residential, meaning it is not a place to live but a place to assist individuals how to live a better life with dignity, respect and as a valued member of our community.
DC is a non-profit charitable organization accepting a wide variety of funding to serve consumers and impact our communities. DC is governed and staffed by a majority of people with different types of significant disabilities. This is what we mean by consumer-controlled. The Middle Georgia Center for Independent Living, Inc. (d.b.a. Disability Connections) was incorporated in 1995 and has been providing services nearly twenty years to all ages of people with all types of disabilities in the Middle Georgia area.
Our services include:
Informational resource referral,
One on one peer support,
Independent living skills training,
Other services include:
home accessibility modifications,
assistive technology demonstration,
durable medical equipment recycling.
Serving the Middle Georgia area – Baldwin, Bibb, Crawford, Houston, Jasper, Jones, Monroe, Peach, Pulaski, Putnam, Twiggs and Wilkinson
Posting ID: 583125760Posted: 2021-01-18