Type of Requisition:
Regular Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph Suitability:
Polygraph Public Trust/Other Required:
None Job Family:
Systems Administration Job Description:
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing
some of the most complex government, defense,
and intelligence projects across the country. We
ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our
work has meaning and impact on the world around
us, but also on us, and that's important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by
embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and
being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no
challenge we can't turn into opportunity. And our
work depends on a Systems Technician
joining our team to
support our government client's
activities in the Northern Virginia locations. At GDIT, people are our differentiator.
As a Systems Technician
manages the responsibilities of the successful completion of all tasks in assigned projects.
Looking for Hardware Technicians with Active Directory experience solid Microsoft/Outlook skills background in 'touch maintenance' (aka Hands-on) of workstations, monitors, KVMs (switchboxes), cabling, printer set up/configuration/maintenance, mice, keyboards,troubleshooting of all the aforementioned, electronicticketing systems, attention to detailanddirectcustomer service.
- Fast-paced, High movement environment with occasional redirection in focus based on mission needs.
- Installation and response efforts for the position requires lifting equipment that weighs 20-30 pounds, walking and standing, pushing and pulling;working around, under, and over desks, as well as professionalpersonal interactions with customers.
- Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware.
- Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
- Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software.
- Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
- Coordinates development of deliverables and products.
- Provides troubleshooting and support.
- Participates in the administration of e-mail systems.
- Coordinates development of deliverables and products..
- Must be able to track project studies, plans, action items, etc..
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Part Time position
- Participates in special projects as required.
HS/ GED and 1+ years of or a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
Must possess appropriate and current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+ CE, Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), OR CCNA-Security. CompTIA Security+ CE is the preferred certification.
As part of your role/function on the program, you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties, you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring, and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.
Please Note: Outstanding location!! Close to Rt. 66, Rt. 28 and Dulles Toll Road. Free 24-hour access to the location state of the art gym, on-site dry cleaners, hair salon, free parking and outstanding cafeteria (Starbucks) available at site. Come and join us!!
Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client, all candidates must hold a TS/SCI with Polygraph. GDIT CAREERSOpportunity Owned
Discover more at gdit.com/careersGeneral Dynamics Information Technology is an EqualOpportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employmentwithout regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,or veteran status, or any other protected class.At GDIT, our 'People First' culture commits to every employee feeling valued and supported throughout their career. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package - including programs focused on financial, physical, emotional and social well-being - demonstrates this commitment. Scheduled Weekly Hours:
20 Travel Required:
10-25% Telecommuting Options:
Telecommuting Not Allowed Work Location:
USA VA Chantilly Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.