Outdoor Environments Group, a leader in the design, creation, and construction of outdoor living spaces, is seeking a motivated hard-working individual to join our growing team. Connect with something bigger and make an impact on those we serve. Contribute to something truly great through imagining, creating, and nurturing exceptional outdoor spaces.
The Crew Leader will coordinate workflow and interpret blueprints to lead and direct jobs tasks to completion. This position will manage daily activities on the job site including operating a variety of machinery, communicate production goals with crew members, and manage personnel effectively and efficiently. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitor all tools, equipment and machinery for needed maintenance
- Track and record all jobs expenses, including but exclusively materials and hours worked
- Maintain a clean and safe job site at all times
- Ensure all crew members utilize all required PPE
- Ensure all installation work is performed in accordance with industry and company standards
- Ensures that all equipment usage and maintenance procedures are followed
- Strives to improve job skills and develop the potential for upward mobility
- Monitors all tools equipment and machinery for needed maintenance.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in construction, able to lead others efficiently, and solid customer service and communication skills. Additionally, they will also have a passion for learning new skills, have the ability to adapt quickly to changes and be able to problem-solve readily. Additional qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Minimum of 2-5 years hands-on, construction-related crew leader experience is preferred, particularly with hardscape, landscape, and pool installations.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Experience operating heavy machinery and general mechanical knowledge is required.
- Experience and ability to read and translate blueprints to project completion
- Able to follow and enforce company policies and safety procedures.
- Has experience working with various landscaping tools and equipment of the trade.
- Must work well independently and within a team environment whilst always striving for increased efficiency and effectiveness.
- Capable of adhering to schedules and budgets, managing crew timesheets, and completing necessary paperwork within the established timeframes.
- Saturdays and overtime are sometimes required.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) preferred
- Plant identification skills preferred
- CDL license a plus preferred
- Frequently moves up to 75lbs
- Constantly works in outdoor weather conditions
Posting ID: 595146481Posted: 2020-12-25