We are looking for a professional, experienced IT Manager to join our team!
Individual will be responsible for directing and controlling all activities in the IT Services department. Individual will have overall responsibility for planning, budgeting, implementation, cost control, resource management, and profit and loss within internal IT Services. Duties will also involve establishing operational objectives, involvement in developing, modifying, and executing company policies which affect immediate operation(s) and may also have company-wide effect; and participating with Directors and Executives to establish strategic plans and objectives which impact the overall business operations. Other duties include:
- Responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT Services functions
- Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensure operational effective achievement of objectives
- Assesses needs of IT Services group and leads the design, development and implementation of IT Services policies and strategies tailored to meet organizational needs and corporate goals
- Initiates and completes projects and processes which have a divisional and corporate impact
- Prepares budgetary recommendations that meet departmental goals and provides for effective management of resources
- Establishes IT Services objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards and metrics within boundaries of company policy for monitoring effectiveness
- Formulates portfolio-level reports concerning portfolio health, resources, risks and issues, opportunities, and market trends
- Mentors and supervises subordinate staff and conducts performance reviews of personnel under purview
- Participates in the identification and capture process for qualified business opportunities
- Participates in the development of technical solutions for proposals and other responses to Government Solicitations (e.g., RFPs, RFQs, RFIs)
- Regularly interacts with executives, customers, and vendors involving negotiations and business development, to include addressing controversial situations
- Directs IT Services operations to meet customer requirements
- Directs the support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions
- Reviews current IT Services and oversees the development, documentation, implementation, and execution of improved frameworks and approaches for IT Services
- Standardizes IT Services practices and works with corporate stakeholders to socialize these practices
- Analyzes complex business needs presented by the user community and/or clients and recommends technical solutions
- Ensures the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions
- Leads IT projects through all their Phases (Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring and Controlling, Closeout) to ensure the delivery of accurate, on-time business results
- Monitors and controls IT projects to ensure they are completed on schedule, within budget, and within the quality standards defined for the projects
- Identifies and Manages project risks and issues and defines mitigation strategies and corrective actions
- Directs operations in executing production tasks according to a documented schedule that meets or exceeds customer expectations
- Documents business needs and business requirements and acts as liaison between IT and corporate stakeholders to seek approval of all business requirements prior to the development and implementation of technical solutions
- Produces detailed release/implementation schedules and implements effective project control by monitoring and reporting the progress of the release/implementation
- Produces QA/QC plans for the implementation of new business solutions
- Directs and prioritizes the work load of subordinate personnel
- Participates on all hardware, software, and other technology evaluations and presents clear and concise analysis and objective recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Top Secret security clearance preferred
- Microsoft certifications preferred
The work will be performed both at 6K Headquarters in Reston, VA and remotely across the US. To apply, To apply, please visit http://6ksystems.com/careers/.
6K Systems, Inc. (6K) provides exceptional Management Consulting, Information Technology, Learning Management, and Mission Services to DoD, law enforcement and civilian agencies throughout the United States. In doing so, we utilize industry best practices to develop procedures that ensure compliance, consistency, reliability, and efficiency. As these standards evolve, we improve our level of quality and service to meet new demands.
Consistent with this focus, 6K holds a wide range of accreditations and certifications, including ISO 9001 (Quality Management), ISO 14001(Environmental Management), ISO 27001 (Security Management), ISO 20000 (IT Service Management). and CMMi Maturity Level 3.
6K is a Microsoft Gold Solution Provider (MSCP, MCSE1, MCDBA, MCSA, MCNPS, MCTS, SA, MCITP, MCTEM).
This focus on quality and commitment to unparalleled customer satisfaction drives 6K to continuous improvement and growth. We are determined to grow our business and customer relationships through integrity, superior performance, and an uncompromising dedication to excellence.
6K offers a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. This package includes medical, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability insurances, and a 401(k) retirement plan.
6K Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer; all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. EEO/M/F/D/V