At Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, our full-time Housekeeping Hosts/Hostesses do so much more than keep guests' rooms impeccably clean; They draw upon their natural friendliness and authentic warmth to make the famed Disney magic come alive. Our Housekeeping team goes the extra mile in ways big and small, from leaving hand-written notes thanking guests for coming, to knowing guest names in advance so everyone can be greeted like an old friend. The result? Our guests get the "home-away-from-home" experience, and that's the Disney difference.
This position pays $15.20 per hour.
Disney Parks has implemented several new and enhanced safety measures based on guidance from health and government authorities. These measures include but are not limited to increased cleanliness and disinfection, health screening and prevention support, physical distancing and capacity measures, and cast member training.
Please be advised of the following requirements for all cast members.
- A health screening and temperature check must be completed at home prior to coming to work each day
- Appropriate face coverings must be worn at all times, including upon entry and exit of the workplace. The Company will provide reusable cloth face coverings per employee that meet the approved safety standards of the Company Safety Committee
Further requirements are dependent on role.
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Cast members may be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
Our Housekeeping Hosts/Hostesses are thoroughly trained to use the most effective, efficient techniques and our specially selected eco-friendly cleaning supplies. Since our guests often turn to Housekeepers when they have questions, Housekeepers are also trained to interact, assist with directions and answer questions about the resort.
Housekeeping team responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Overall cleaning of guest rooms
- Stripping and making beds, vacuuming, dusting
- Bathroom scouring/sanitation
- Replenishing items such as linens, amenities and various supplies
- Trash disposal
- Cleaning appliances and washing dishes
- Carpet inspection and spot cleaning
- You may be required to push large, heavy carts and to lift items such as mattresses and/or bedsprings weighing up to 30 pounds
- Interact with guests on a daily basis, respond in a timely, friendly manner to their requests, and assist whenever possible with directions and general resort information
Here is what you will need to be successful in the job:
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- Heavy lifting and working with chemicals are required
- This is a full-time position. We are seeking individuals who are fully available to work any day of the week
- You will also be required to be fully available on national/state holidays.
It would be helpful if you also had:
- Ability to speak a language other than English
- One (1) year of previous Housekeeping experience
- Full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays
Our hourly part-time cast members enjoy a broad and very valuable range of benefits for being part of the Disney family! If you join the team, you can expect to receive:
- Disney Aspire - an education program that covers 100% of tuition at network schools • Discounted meals during work shifts
- Discounts at Hilton Head Island eateries such as New York City Pizza, Giuseppe's, and Scott's Fish Market
- Complementary theme park admission for full-time and part-time positions after two weeks of employment
- Discounts on merchandise at Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort and at Walt Disney World Resort
Posting ID: 592120113Posted: 2021-01-28