The Business Unit (BU) Finance Partner Director will have primary day-to-day responsibility of relevant BU accounting activities. Thi Finance Partner Director will report into the BU Director of Accounting and will collaborate with individuals in the Shared Services Center on accounting and treasury operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and approve journal entries, invoices and payment prepared by Accounting
- Advise on exceptions handling, variance analysis, and payment application as needed
- Review and approve close activities such as account analyses and trial balance prepared by Accounting
- Perform specific Business Unit financial reports and financial notes reviews and approve financial reports prepared by Accounting
- Review and approve business budgets, forecasts and management reporting prepared by FP&A
- Review expense analysis prepared by FP&A and manage business spend
- Supervise revenue and margin analysis prepared by FP&A
- Perform analysis and commentary on financial and management reports
- Advice on ad-hoc reporting and analysis required by FP&A to recommend appropriate business course corrections
- Recommend business course corrections based on revenue, expense and margin analyses
- Provide business partner advisory support to Business Unit Leaders and CFO
- Present financial and management reporting findings and recommendations to Business Unit Leaders, CFO and Board
- Monitor controls and business activity
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / ABILITIES
- Intermediate critical thinking skills
- Excellent people skills and talent management proficiency
- Communicates clearly and succinctly, both orally and in writing, with managers, direct reports, coworkers and external parties
- Thinks outside the box and can identify new opportunities
- Advanced expertise in financial services, specifically capital markets
- Intermediate understanding and application of data analysis and excel
- Understands process capabilities, including enhancement levers such as process redesign, technology and governance
- Translates strategy into an executable plan and tangible actions
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP, internal controls, accounting terminology and operations, including General Ledger and financial statement requirements
- Strong knowledge of financial systems, preferably SAP
- Advanced knowledge of accounts payable, accounts receivable and financial management reporting
- Understands key concepts and tasks for time and expense management, payroll, and financial planning, analysis and budgeting
- Understands the M&A lifecycle, specifically closing transactions and post-merger integration activities
- Basic understanding of income tax, sales & use tax, and international tax principles, frameworks and processes
- Understands key concepts of tax planning and strategy and tax audit defense and dependencies on accounting processes and operations
- Basic understanding of liquidity management, asset and liability management, and risk management processes and frameworks
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BA / BS degree (4-year college)
- 5-8 years of prior experience in Accounting (i.e. reconciliations, bookkeeping, accounts payable, budget creation)
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
777 Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the bases of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.