HOST JOB DESCRIPTION
This position is responsible for the complete guest experience; to include attending to the preparation of guest food orders, the servicing of the meeting rooms, checking guests in and out, as well as responsible for overall operations and appearance of the front of the house. Responsible for attending to the needs of guests, especially during check-in and check-out. The front Host is the number one, front-line person, whose service determines a guest's experience.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR – The Host Lead
• Be honest, reliable
• Be ready to begin work at the specified time
• Be well groomed and aware of personal hygiene; adhere to dress code policy as mentioned in policy handbook.
• Understand what is meant by “good customer service”
• Keep all business confidential both on and off duty
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Always have a genuine Smile
• Provide consistent, efficient, courteous, friendly and helpful service in a clean and organized environment
• Respond to customer needs and complaints in an understanding and calm manner
• Follows training guidelines using good judgment and common sense
• Communicate and work well with Lead host and hotel employees
• Keeps work area, equipment, and lobby clean and orderly
• Requires standing for long periods of time and being able to reach approximately 48 inches in height
• Provide exceptional personable service to each Guest
• Provide information to guests about hotel policies, services and amenities
• Sell and upsell rooms to “walk-in” customers.
• Partner with the sales department to ensure knowledge of key accounts and groups, along with tracking of company information.
• Enter/change reservation information on the PMS system.
• Post charges, process payments, and make necessary corrections to guest accounts.
• Inform housekeeping department about room status/availability.
• Listen for or anticipate and respond to guest complaints.
• Operate hotel switchboard or PBX.
• Use established greeting when answering the phone or meeting guests in person.
• Speak with attitude of warmth and friendliness.
• Find a way to say "yes" to guest needs if you are reasonably able to do so.
• Look for ways to be helpful and courteous.
• Clean the front desk and lobby area.
• Balance shift work and cash drawers.
• You are a part of the property’s security team and are responsible to report any potential safety or security hazards to management immediately
• Know all emergency procedures to follow and how to respond in the event of different types of emergencies
• You are part of the F&B staff and will require to be knowledgeable of all F&B procedures
• Following city guidelines on food prep, storage, sanitation and other items the inspector gives to the hotel
• Any other duties assigned by Supervisor. This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, etc.)
Posting ID: 562718598Posted: 2021-01-16