In an increasingly complex and financially constrained environment, we recognizes that safety, operating efficiency, state of good repair, stakeholder requirements, and risk mitigation drive program success. We provide planning, engineering, program delivery, testing, and commissioning services to the transit and freight rail industries and offer extensive experience in rail and bus systems, transit facilities, and civil and structural infrastructure. We deliver system expansions and upgrades for bus, commuter railroads, freight railroads, and light and heavy rail transit systems.
Our Construction Services Business Line is currently looking for a Construction Project Coordinator to work in the Fairfax, VA office.
As a Project Coordinator, you will need to have dynamic communication skills and the ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively. You must be able to organize projects and materials, in addition to having strong business, computer and writing skills. In this position, you will assist our project managers with the execution of tasks related to projects and daily administrative functions.
As a Project Management Assistant, you will be responsible for the following duties:
• Provide project management assistance and project accounting throughout the life-cycle of a project from proposal and project set up through project closeout
• Manage projects in BST application including opening and closing projects, processing change orders, processing client and vendor invoices.
• Compile required documentation for all new and active projects including items listed in the Project Management and Quality Guidelines.
• Review contract requirements for accepted overhead rates, contract fee types, invoicing procedures, insurance requirements, customer survey submission, and subcontractor information.
• Review contracts and coordinates contract reviews with Project Managers and Corporate legal.
• Provide administrative and accounting support for engineering projects while fostering excellent internal and external customer relations and service.
• Ensure that each project or project phase is properly invoiced in a timely manner and manages all client accounts.
• Monitor job status reports and takes appropriate action with department managers to ensure that projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
Construction, Rfi, Project coordination, Change order, Project management, Data entry, Construction management, Project coordinating, Construction document, Customer service, Microsoft, Microsoft excel, Payroll, Administration, Bluebeam, management skills, multi tasking
1) Microsoft Office
2) Management/working with General Contractors
3) Adobe Experience
Associates Degree in related field
• 5-7 years' experience as a Project Management Assistant (PMA) or Project Coordinator
• Strong financial/general accounting experience, business math experience
• General understanding of industry standard Quality Management System
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• Ability to multitask and prioritize
• Strong computer skills, including MS Office 365 Suite (MS Word, MS Excel); and Acrobat Adobe
***NEEDS TO BE LOCAL TO FAIRFAX*** NO MARYLAND
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.