ABA Therapist / Registered Behavior Technician
Our Mission: Changing lives. One child at a time. One professional at a time.
Part-time Positions available in Ashburn, VA
As a leading ABA therapy provider, Verbal Beginnings offers a supportive atmosphere that promotes professional growth and learning by offering training opportunities, partnerships with universities, supervision hours, team building, and company events.
This is a part-time role working with clients diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in their homes, under the direct supervision of a BCBA (Board Certified Behavior Analyst). Schedule dependent on client availability and location.
Responsibilities of the ABA Therapist / Registered Behavior Technician (RBT):
• Work 1:1 with individuals aged 2-18 diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
• Provide 1:1 ABA therapy in home and community based environments.
• Implement individualized treatment plans developed by BCBA Clinical Supervisors.
• Collect data to monitor the progress and effectiveness of the individualized treatment plan.
• Provide regular written and verbal progress updates on treatment goals.
• Support the BCBA Clinical Supervisor with training families on implementing treatment plans.
• Participate in team meetings and training workshops.
• Maintain a high level of professionalism including appropriate clothing, timeliness, and communication.
Qualifications of the ABA Therapist / Registered Behavior Technician (RBT):
• Bachelor's Degree or 48 credit hours towards a Bachelor's in Psychology, Education, or a related field (preferred, not required)
• Hands-on experience working with children with autism or other developmental disabilities
• Experience working with children with behavior problems preferred
• Experience working in an in-home setting preferred
• Must have valid driver’s license, valid car insurance, and have personal reliable transportation
• Availability to work at least 3 afternoons / evenings per week (3:00 p.m.-8:30 p.m.), 5 evenings preferred
• BLS or CPR certification and/or willing to obtain certification
• Existing certification or commitment to pursue a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) certification through the BACB. This training will be provided with an expectation of completion within 90 days of employment.
Benefits to working as an ABA Therapist / Registered Behavior Technician (RBT):
If this opportunity sounds interesting to you, don't wait! Apply today. Opportunities are available based on schedule availability, location and distance to cases, and your ambition in the field of ABA.