Compass Strategy Solutions, LLC is a Small Woman Owned Government Contracting business specializing in law enforcement support services for the Federal Government. Join a team of experienced professionals and a fast-growing business. We offer competitive benefits. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
You are an expert in managing talent, from sourcing to skills development, effective discipline, and legal compliance, with a track record in building HR programs from the ground up in Federal contracting. You will guide our management team, who has expertise in federal contract acquisition/management, and who needs a dedicated professional to manage our rapid growth. As a person who loves working with people and enjoys the challenge of matching talents with the strategic vision of a growing company, you will be a very highly-valued member of our management team.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The responsibilities and duties of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Work as part of the management team and support the executive staff by providing HR direction, advice, and counsel.
- Assess our current HR department/processes for gaps, and proactively fill them in with clear procedures, process documents, and company communications.
- Lead recruitment efforts for federal contract positions.
- Manage and administer benefit systems, learning management system, onboarding portal (in ADP Workforce Now).
- Onboard employees.
- Manage HR plans, policies, and benefits.
- Ensure compliance to all laws, regulations, supporting 120+ federal workers under the Service Contract Act (SCA), and 30+ federal workers, in Virginia and Texas and outside the US.
- Assist the company’s Security Program through collaboration with in-house Facility Security Officer (FSO) in processing security clearances related paperwork. Review and make recommendations to existing human resources policies and practices; draft, develop and implement approved recommendations.
- Manage several third-party vendor relationships to ensure success of HRIS (ADP), Time/Expenses (Deltek), Learning Management (WordPress), Applicant Tracking (JazzHR and ADP Workforce Now), background checks and drug testing (Verified First).
- Partner with managers on employee relations issues, including coaching and counseling, workplace investigations and other legal matters.
- Advise Management Team on HR practices that support their strategic vision.
- Periodic travel in the VA/DC-area for employee/manager meetings or presentations may be required.
- 5-7+ years of experience in Human Resources field.
- Experience as HR Manager in a government contracting firm.
- 3+ years experience managing the full talent lifecycle: including (but not limited to) sourcing, recruiting, onboarding, security processing, HR policies, talent management, and employee relations.
- 2+ years of experience working with employees under multiple SCA contracts.
- Proficiency running payroll and administering benefits with ADP Workforce Now.
- Deep and broad understanding of best practices in the full spectrum of HR compliance for small-business government contractors.
- Expertise in compliance with federal regulations for Federal Service Contracts and the Service Contract Act (SCA), OFCCP, ADA, EEO, FLSA, Department of Labor and Worker’s Comp.
- Expert managerial skills – be able to manage down, across, and up in order to enhance your own effectiveness and the effectiveness of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources and relevant advanced level coursework/ human resource certifications.
- An inherent liking for other people. Qualified candidate must enjoy talking with others on the phone in order to solve problems.
- Proficiency at writing clear policy and process documents.
- Proficiency at editing and formatting Microsoft Word documents, and basic data analysis, incorporating formatted MS Excel tables and charts.
- Knowledge and understanding of Virginia labor laws preferred.
- Ability to lead small, cross-functional, distributed team using collaborative web technology (eg. Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Teams, Egnyte, etc).
- Excellent relationship builder.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Applicants must be a US citizen.
Physical Demands and Work Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
The employee may need to sit for extended periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Travel to and from nearby worksites may be required occasionally.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility and suitability requirements.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Powered by JazzHR