CarnaudMetalbox Engineering (CMB Engineering) designs, develops and manufactures high-performance metal forming and finishing machinery for the production of beverage, food and aerosol cans. Furthermore, with our commitment to innovation and precision engineering, we continually strive to break the mould. With CMB Engineering, can manufacturers are able to keep up with consumer demands; as well as capitalise on market opportunities, whilst ensuring production efficiency.
CMB Engineering is world renowned for our innovative can making machinery. Founded in the 1930s, in the cradle of the European Industrial Revolution; the company has been developing and designing leading technologies, in Shipley, for almost a century. During this time, a merger formed between Carnaud, a French manufacturer; and a further acquisition by Crown Holdings Incorporated, one of the world's leading producers of metal packaging; have defined the innovative and customer driven company that you see before you today.
- To support the CMB service department
- To check electrical installation on CMB machines
- To correct and/or report installation errors on CMB machines
- To electrically commission, service and test CMB machines
- To provide maintenance activity on the electrical and software control systems
- To modify PLC, HMI, VFD and Servo drive software as required
- To support the electrical engineering department during periods not required by the service department.
• 200 day per year service/ year, worldwide
• Electrical commissioning of CMB equipment, and customer support
• Detailed site reports, updates of electrical drawings and software
• Feed back to the electrical department with recommendations for continuous improvement of our equipment
• Support for the electrical engineering department when not outworking.
- Good understanding of control panel design, form and function.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD 2017
- Familiar with safety PLC systems including VFD safe torque off and safe stop functions.
- Familiar with VFD and servo drive configuration and drive parameter set-up
- Familiar with regenerative and dynamic braking techniques
- Familiar with Ethernet topology including specific knowledge of EthernetIP, Profinet and Profisafe networks
- Familiar with legacy machine control networks such as Profibus and DeviceNet
- Familiar with IFM and Turck Pressure, temperature, proximity, flow sensors and transducers
- Familiar with AB and Pilz hard wired safety relays
- Familiar with Euchner guard switch design, implementation and operation.
- 2 years' experience in Electrical Service and commissioning of high speed machines
- Must have worked on multiple, complex, high volume production capital equipment
- Minimum time served apprentice trained Electrical or Test Engineer with hands on experience
- Experience in both Allen Bradley ControlLogix, CompactLogix and Siemens S7 and TIA portal control system architecture, design, software programming.
- Experience with AB Powerflex 525 and 753 VFD Variable frequency drives
- Experience with Siemens G120 VFD Variable frequency drives
- Experience with AB and Siemens Servo Drive and Servo motor control applications.
The selected candidate will also possess the following attributes:
1 Attention to detail, proactive approach to problem solving
2 Excellent general and technical communication skills
3 Recognizes the urgency of a situation and responds appropriately
4 Good team player, enthusiastic with a can do attitude, punctual and reliable
- Systematic and practical approach to fault finding
- Good communicator and has the ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Proven PLC and HMI design, test and commissioning skills
- Allen Bradley Compact and ControlLogix programming capabilities
- Siemens S7 and TIA Portal programming capabilities
- Autocad 2017 electrical drawing modifications and updates
80 - 90%
Crown is an equal opportunity employer. Crown does not discriminate against any candidate or employee on the basis of race, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.