As the Vendor Master Associate you will be responsible for the creation of new vendors, maintenance and validation of existing vendors, and the processing of transactions associated with the vendor master data function. Additionally, you will respond to vendor inquiries related to Ace requirements and maintain components of vendor master data in other related systems.
Other functions include assisting in system administration in order to troubleshoot issues involving vendor master data, accessing and reviewing the document and contract repository, and above all, ensuring that all policies and procedures of the department are strictly adhered to. This team member will also research issues brought forward on periodic summary and exception reports and perform preventative maintenance where needed. What you'll do...
What you need to succeed...
- Work with vendors, merchants, A/P, and other internal customers on questions and issues regarding vendor master data and Ace vendor requirements.
- Process new vendor and vendor change requests within SAP.
- Enter data into SAP and ensure entries are in accordance with established policies and procedures, governmental laws and regulations, or other authorizations as needed.
- Execute exception reports and research items to determine the appropriate follow-up and actions.
We want to hear from you!
- Associates degree or relevant work experience
- 2+ years in a large corporate high-volume A/P or Procure-to Pay environment, to include in-depth understanding of vendor relationships and billing practices, payment terms, and standard vendor requirements.
- Understanding of the accounts payable process as well as all accounting and finance procedures associated with procurement and inventory. Additionally, what will be needed is a knowledge of the cross-functional impacts and consequences associated with finance and receiving transactions.
- Strong analytical and problem- solving skills required.
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of SAP preferred.
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets. Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.
Posting ID: 585690820Posted: 2020-11-09