Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions. Responsibilities
The Cyber Security Analyst will serve as an Investigator supporting the design, engineering, implementation, and maintenance of various enabling technologies utilized in mission systems/networks and applications. In this capacity, the candidate will be responsible for analyzing network/system topologies and network engineering perspective. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conducting technical security and risk assessments
- Drafting assessment reports and memoranda for senior officers
- Developing and providing assessment briefings, attending customer meetings, and participating in all Sponsor activities related to the assignment.
- Validate and verify operational and technical requirements.
- Identify points of vulnerability and operational security risks.
- Address non-compliance with established Information Sharing, Identity and Access Management (ldAM), Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations
- Assess and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout the project life cycle and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Review configurations of IP based network equipment such as routers, switches, firewalls, IDS/IPS, appliances for security policy and deployment guideline compliance, operating system and security patch updates, configuration baseline.
- Conduct and evaluate automated system and network scans.
- Support external customer projects by providing system and network engineering expertise and guidance in working groups, customer meetings, and in written communications to ensure the projects comply with Agency policy and regulations while fulfilling the customer's operational needs.
- Provide recommendations to architecture and design reviews.
- Evaluate network operations using network management platforms, network scanning tools, auditing functions, and log reviews.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Experience working with Network tools such as Wire shark, NMap, Nessus, Nipper Studio.
- Experience with planning, configuring, and maintaining IP network products including routers, switches, wireless networking, VPN's, IDS/IPS, Firewalls, One Way Transfer (OWT) appliances.
- Experience with configuring, securing, and maintaining cloud-based services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud.
- Demonstrated experience with communications protocols such as IP, TCP, UDP, MPLS, OSPF, IGRP, BGP.
- Hands on experience with one or more of the following network operating systems - Cisco iOS,
- NXOS, JunOS.
- Virtualized Platform (VMware, Virtua Box) experience.
- Experience with Windows Server (2012/ 2016), Windows Workstation (8.X, 10), Linux (Redhat/Debian), OSX operating systems.
- Knowledge and experience with encryption products, methodologies, configuration.
- Hands on experience with Network Packet Capture and System analysis tools such as Wireshark, Snort, NMAP, Nipper Studio, Nessus.
- Experience with Network Management products such as HP OpenView, Solarwinds, Nagios.
- Experience with Computer Aided Design programs such as CAD or Visio.
- Minimum of 16 years' experience with a bachelor's degree in Cyber Security, Information Technology or a related technical or scientific degree field.
- One or more of the following certifications:
- Amazon Cloud Service Certification (Solutions Architect Associate or higher) or similar cloud certification
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP),
- Juniper NCSP, or Juniper NCP
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or Red Hat Certified Security Specialist (RHCSS)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Experience with VOiP Telephony Systems.
- Firm understanding of business legal structures and business operations (contracts, accounts receivable, accounts payable, business banking, procurement processes, and logistics).
- One or more of the following certifications:
- VMWare Certified Professional vSphere 5 (VCPS)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- EMC, NetApp or similar certification
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).