Well-established concrete contractor is seeking a Chief Estimator to join our team. The selected candidate will be heavily involved in estimating along with new business development and should be open to networking and securing new projects. The ideal candidate will have over 5 years of experience estimating and managing projects within concrete construction. Experience on projects including, building slab concrete, tilt up concrete, foundation/walls and structural concrete is key. A degree is preferred, but not required.
- Lead and mentor a team of estimators on large/complex commercial projects.
- Diligently market our company in a positive way and effectively build and maintain relationships with clients, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Interpret digital /printed plans, specifications, and related documents.
- Obtain competitive pricing from vendors/subcontractors and negotiate vendor/subcontractor buyouts.
- Prepare RFI’s and collect additional information needed.
- Perform quantity take-off from digital/printed plans.
- Review and produce quality project proposals for general contractors.
- Develop and manage project schedules.
- Validate scope of work and assist with client contract requirements.
- Prepare change/extra work orders when necessary.
- Analyze budget throughout the duration of the project and work within the project team to maximize project profitability and mitigate company risk.
- Track project documentation and maintain accurate and complete files.
- 5 years of experience in cost estimating and managing projects within concrete construction.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency in PlanSwift and Microsoft Office. (Excel)
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Bilingual a plus. (English/Spanish)
- Ability to self-start, prioritize and manage time.
- Detail oriented, organized, and positive attitude a must.
- Reside in the Northern Virginia/Maryland/DC area.
Posting ID: 598523922Posted: 2021-01-21