Would you like to join one of the fastest-growing teams within Microsoft Azure Engineering? Are you customer-obsessed constantly looking for ways to improve customer experience? Are you passionate about cloud computing and love the challenge of solving complex technical problems? Come join us and surround yourself with people who are passionate about cloud computing, believe that extraordinary support is critical to customer success, and are fundamentally changing how we deliver support to our Azure customers transforming them into being Azure fans. We are Azure Cloud Engineering (ACE) - a global Azure Engineering team, part of Azure Customer Experience Team (Azure CXP) that is customer-obsessed, support engaged, and with an engineering mindset. We are currently hiring multiple Azure Cloud Engineers to support our Top Azure Customers. Responsibilities Responsibilities: The Azure Cloud Engineer (ACE) is a critical role in the resolution of complex support incidents related to supporting customer use of the Microsoft Azure platform. A commerce focused Engineer is knowledgeable in Microsoft Azure services, technologies, offerings and the Azure billing platform. The successful ACE has the drive and intellectual horsepower to resolve difficult customer issues; directly supports customers through telephone and email; escalates issues quickly when deep, specific skills or other capabilities are required; ability to use knowledge of the Microsoft Azure architecture and offerings to provide customer resolution and proactive customer recommendations; has excellent communication skills and is fluent in English; writes excellent case documentation; and is able to handle challenging and politically-sensitive customer situations. Work Location: We are currently hiring in Reston - VA or Elkridge - MD Qualifications Qualifications: * 2-5 years of Technical Support experience including experience in a customer facing or customer technical / billing support role * Familiarity with Azure and/or competing cloud products * Desired degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Equivalent Experience. * Certification in Microsoft and/or competing Cloud Technologies is desired. * Passion for customers and focus on delivering the right customer experience. * Ability to learn new technology in a fast-paced environment. Ability to deal with ambiguity. Preferred qualifications: * SOFT SKILLS
Effective, polished interaction with customer to gather information quickly; explain customer responsibilities in resolving issue; communicate next steps and status; and inspire confidence
• Handle challenging and politically sensitive customer situations, including the appropriate use of all available resources, communicate effectively with Support teams on complex issues
• Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
• Demonstrable troubleshooting skills
• Cross-team collaboration
• Logical and critical thinking
• Passion for technology and customer support
• Understanding of cloud vs. on premise computing. Familiarity with fundamentals of cloud computing. * TECHNICAL SKILLS
Technical understanding of commerce platform concepts and procedures including online services, Order to Cash operations and general billing and commerce systems processes (e.g., invoicing, credit card transactions).
• Technical aptitude to develop an understanding of the Microsoft Azure Platform and architecture. * EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION
High School Diploma, B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent, Azure Certified * LANGUAGE
Fluency in English Security Screening Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: * Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
* Candidates must have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance. #AZCXP #AZCXPACE #AZCXPLX Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form . Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Posting ID: 603282321Posted: 2021-03-01