The RF Engineer will be asked to design, test, deploy and maintain broadband, utility, smart grid, intelligent transportation, carrier-based, and commercial networks and systems working both independently and as a part of a larger project focused team. The RF Design Engineer will be challenged in multiple directions daily and should enjoy this kind of dynamic environment.
- Support proposal preparation and program definition as a team lead or individual contributor
- Work with customers to understand objectives and requirements, and conceptualize and put into practice new solutions
- Provide hardware recommendations and features to the customer when necessary
- Utilizes propagation tools and other RF related software such as CloudRF, EDX SignalPro, Radwin LinkPlanner and Google Earth, along with knowledge of RF fundamentals for site candidate comparison, propagation and coverage review and selection.
- Engineer, design, and implement routed networks across multiple transmission mediums, with a focus on the wireless link.
- Prepare or coordinate FCC submissions in a timely manner
- Integrate components to form new solutions as a team lead or individual contributor
- Perform site visits before, during, or after construction, as necessary, in order to validate the placement, installation, and performance of a given site
- Coordinate or perform field network and RF surveys, and troubleshoot new/existing networks as required
- Define, analyze and document MOPS, system requirements and specifications, and system architecture
- Develop and maintain a standards-based corporate training environment and processes with an emphasis on posturing technical resources to best support emerging customer requirements and new requirements.
- Maintain customer focus throughout the systems/product development lifecycle to ensure the satisfaction of customer objectives within cost and schedule constraints
- Develop closeout, testing, and lesson learned reports for internal and external teams at the completion of a project
- Mentor less experienced and/or less knowledgeable engineers
- Other duties as assigned or needed
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the cellular or telecommunications' industry, preferably with a focus on RF/wireless networks.
- The demonstrated ability to learn and advance in a technical field and put into practice new technologies and systems expediently
- Experience working on cross-discipline engineering teams to develop, integrate and deploy networks.
- Practical Experience in modern RF communications systems design and analyses (e.g. link margin, system performance, and reliability analyses)
- Ability to obtain a DHS or CPB public trust clearance
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 593941039Posted: 2021-01-19