Experienced Master Electrician wanted to join our fast-growing company.
Potomac Electric is a commercial electrical company, operating under the umbrella of Adams Construction Group. Our focus is Federal contracting, primarily (though not exclusively) in Washington, D.C. We have recently begun a residential construction division in addition to our Federal branch. We are seeking an experienced Master Electrician to join our team, delivering impeccable project outcomes, within budget and on schedule.
· Installing, repairing, and servicing electrical systems, including circuits, equipment, and appliances.
· Sourcing and fabricating replacement electrical components.
· Using appropriate hand and power tools, and testing equipment.
· Interpreting blueprints and drawing rough sketches.
· Guiding and overseeing apprentices and/or journeyman electricians.
· Drawing up preventative or maintenance measures and explaining these to clients or other electricians.
· Reading, employing, and updating electrical panel schedules.
· Obtaining required permits, equipment, tools, and materials for projects.
· Testing and troubleshooting systems.
· Providing assistance during emergencies.
· Updating project records and preparing relevant documents or reports.
· Liaising with management, clients, vendors, and other electricians.
· Estimating and submittal compliance.
· Ensuring proper care in use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
· May perform work of lower-level electricians.
· High school diploma or similar.
· Virginia Master Electrician License.
· 5+ Years’ Experience.
· CPR and First Aid certification preferred.
· Excellent written, verbal, and telephonic communication skills.
· Experience with power tools and other construction equipment.
· Physical strength and stamina; able to handle loads up to 50 lbs.
· Firm grasp of health and safety codes in potentially dangerous conditions.