ISI Professional Services (ISI) is seeking a hands-on Human Resources (HR) Manager for our corporate office in Fairfax, VA. This individual will be an experienced, inspiring manager of people, a dedicated team player and a recruiter of diverse talent for our organization. The HR Manager will lead and direct organizational training and development initiatives, administer benefits and compensation to employees, moderate and address employee relations concerns, enforce company policies and procedures and advocate to leadership on behalf of employees. To be successful, the HR Manager must possess poise and an engaging, empathetic communication style based on enthusiasm to achieve success. This results-driven individual will require enrolling commitment and buy-in of others. Must have the ability to manage a variety of projects simultaneously with focus and direction to achieve company strategic priorities and goals..
Leading a HR Department of 1, the essential job functions and responsibilities include:
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Act as a liaison between employer and employee, overseeing employee relations. This involves receiving and effectively handling employee concerns, escalating these concerns to the level of disciplinary or legal action when necessary, updating employees with any changes in company policy, advising supervisors on treatment of staff and company policies, responding to employee violations of policy and generally helping to resolve conflict in the workplace.
- Work closely with supervisors to identify, evaluate, and address employee relations, morale, work performance, and organizational productivity concerns. Coaches supervisors in best practices for providing effective performance feedback. This includes helping to craft performance assessments.
- Develop and implement HR programs and policies to support the overall visions and values of the company while emphasizing continuous improvement, teamwork, high performance and quality.
- Lead company compliance with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements (EEO-1, VETS 4212, FMLA, ERISA, OSHA).
- Serve as the lead for the development, implementation and communication of new processes designed to streamline or create efficiencies from an HR perspective.
- Provide enhanced HR capabilities through tracking, analyzing, and reporting key measures of success; particularly around recruiting, onboarding and employee engagement.
- Leverage expertise as a trusted thought leader in foundational HR areas and consult with leaders on employee engagement initiatives, talent management, organizational design, compensation and benefits.
- Foster an environment of employee engagement; identify workforce trends through analytical methods; provide insights and solutions to business leaders to address workforce-related issues and opportunities.
- Develop organizational strategies by identifying and researching HR issues; contribute information, analysis, and recommendations to inform leadership and strategic decision making; establish HR objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Implement HR strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations.
- Guide management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
- Control HR records management, HR system maintenance and respond to the daily requests of employees.
- Record, collect, and maintain data and forms related to the employee life cycle within the online employee record.
- Manage annual Open Enrollment for company benefits.
- Maintain employee benefits programs and inform employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommend benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtain and evaluating benefit contract bids; award benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Maintain a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; schedule and conduct job evaluations; prepare pay budgets; monitor and scheduling individual pay actions; recommend, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 10 years of broad-based HR experience with increasingly significant levels of responsibility involving major business decisions.
- Experience supporting HR for a small business.
- Experience working with HCM software for recruiting, training, payroll, compensation and overall workforce management.
- Solid business acumen, management, reporting, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to set clear priorities between competing demands for resources and manage own tasks and priorities effectively and with minimal supervision.
- In-depth knowledge of Human Resource operations, processes, administration and legal regulation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be flexible and willing to take on more responsibilities as needed.
- Ability to maintain strict levels of confidentiality in handling sensitive information.
- Expert level experience with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and/or Access).
- Strong communication, interpersonal, leadership and planning skills are required.
- Experience in a government contracting environment is required.
- Experience supporting a SCLSA workforce, preferred.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly preferred
At ISI, we recognize and value our employees as our greatest asset. We offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities as well as highly competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package. Our company provides a balance to both the work and personal lives of our employees. ISI’s goal is to support employees and their families as they grow personally and professionally.
ISI is a customer service-based organization that values quality, integrity and the power of partnership. We are a company that rewards achievement while encouraging personal growth.
ISI offers a family culture, but despite our small business feel our employees have “big business” opportunities. We offer room to grow and encourage advancement by rewarding outstanding effort.
ISI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. ISI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Powered by JazzHR