Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission. Microsoft Federal Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers ' expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting. Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams. We are committed to empowering our teams , building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs. Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services. Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That's incredible reach . When you combine that with your own inspiration , plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact. Customer Success: Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes. Customer Engineers (CEs) are deep technical advisors supporting Enterprise customers to deliver unique value by removing blockers to consumption within their given Solution Area. CEs provide technical support including risk assessments and tuning to operate and optimize a customer's cloud or on-premise environment. The Customer Engineer provides support delivery services as well as technical readiness through a Customer's Support contract via dispatch by the account team. Customer Engineer services can be delivered either remotely or on-premises. Responsibilities The Impact You'll Be Making: Support Management - 50% * Participate in proactive account management, spot performance issues, analyze problems, develop solutions to meet customer needs
* Delivers support, consulting and training from a basic subset of intellectual property, through an independent assessment of customer business objectives.
* Contributes to the development of new practices and processes related to people, operations, technology and the delivery of services.
* Participates in service delivery planning in partnership with the virtual account team.
* Seeks information about the underlying needs of customers.
* Works with customers to address business goals and strategic solution requirements.
* Builds plans that consider potential obstacles and immediate and long-term consequences.
* Demonstrates expertise in a specific solution, or several products, feature functions, or services.
* Troubshoot in a complex enterprise environment.
* Build, run or manage applications across multiple clouds on premise and at the edge.
* Provides stakeholder assistance throughout deployment to avoid/resolve technical issues.
Support Execution - Deliver Results through Teamwork & Optimizing Business Results - 25% * Seeks opportunities to drive Customer Success business results by collaborating with multiple team members.
* Gathers customer impressions of products and services and integrates this feedback into decision making.
* Modifies existing intellectual property (IP) or, where applicable, creates new content.
Leadership and Growing the Business - 25% * Consistently apply "lessons learned", model personal accountability & teamwork.
* Demonstrates an understanding of his or her role and contribution to customer/partner change management and adoption initiatives.
* Understands customer/partner requirements and can map the adoption and optimization of Microsoft technology solutions accordingly.
* Supports innovation focusing on industry solutions and customer business outcomes on the Microsoft platform.
* Contribute & participate with meetings to articulate Premier offerings to all customers; share knowledge thru communities, adapt for customers.
* Cultivates relationships, credibility, and loyalty with customers and partners intentionally by sharing relevant business expertise.
* Demonstrated Self Learner
* Knowledge of Core Azure Infrastructure or Cloud technologies Qualifications Who We Are Looking For: Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge: * Analytical Problem Solving * Virtualization, Identity and Access Technology or Powershell or other scripting experience * Building Customer/Partner Relationships * Product & Technology Expertise * Leadership * Value Selling * Years' Experience: 3 in systems development, network operations, software support, IT consulting * Bachelor's Degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent work experience The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements. The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination. Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment. Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis. Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form . Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.