General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world's leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS' expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Satellite Orbit Analysis Engineer working on satellite systems to join our Space Systems Engineering team located in Centennial, Colorado.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Provide orbital mechanics subject matter expertise to GA Satellite Engineering team for present and future space missions
- Support Satellite Operations and Space System development
- Decompose mission requirements into propulsion subsystem-level for Delta-V and system performance requirements for LEO, MEO, and GEO missions
- Construct and manage mission delta-V budgets
- Establish delta-V requirements for orbit injection error correction
- Analyze impacts of active and passive deorbit strategies on mission timelines, develop requirements and assist in creation of hardware specifications.
- Evaluate solar array illumination for various solar array configurations and attitude control schemes
- Determine GPS receiver accuracy requirements to ensure system performance is achieved
- Analyze communications system antenna coverage and payload sensor coverage using STK (or similar tool)
- Establish mission orbit determination methodologies and assist in creation of algorithms
- Determine short-term/long-term impacts of orbit perturbations on orbital elements
- Establish debris/collision avoidance procedures to include planning of maneuvers and status reporting
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Posting ID: 602111909Posted: 2021-01-26