Gromelski and Associates, Inc. (GAI) partners with prime contractors to provide professional services. Key service areas include Engineering Design and Documentation; Software Development and Testing; System Integration, Testing and Evaluation; Lab Management and Field Installation; Integrated Logistics Support, Training Development and Delivery, Multimedia Support, and Technical System Support.
Installs, operates, maintains, repairs, and modifies imaging equipment on-board US Navy submarines. Performs maintenance and technical support activities at customer and/or field locations for imaging system and subsystem equipment and software. Troubleshoots and diagnoses malfunctions to eliminate problem in minimum time. Removes, upgrades, and installs engineering field changes to equipment. Maintains positive communications and relations with the end customer. Provides onsite training of customer personnel as needed.
Provides technical services in support of, but not limited to, the AN/BVY-1 Integrated Submarine Imaging System for US Navy submarines. Field Support Technician responsible for the introduction of the latest technology to the US Navy Submarine Fleet. Provide services following our customer’s direction to perform Fleet/NAVSEA tasking including: system removal and installation, system software/hardware support, on-board troubleshooting (including fiber optic and system networking support), corrective maintenance actions, and on-board maintenance training, Work requires personnel to be on travel approximately 50% of the time. Candidates must be able to obtain and hold a DoD Secret clearance
Field Installer Required skills:
1. Journeyman level knowledge or better in Server Base Processors and Networks.
2. Must be a self-starter able to work independently with little supervision.
3. Possess excellent communication and writing skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
4. A DoD Secret level clearance is required to start work.
Field Installer Highly Desirable Skills:
1. Prefer a USN Submarine Electronics or Sonar Technician with experience across multiple platforms and systems.
2. Operational, maintenance, and troubleshooting skills for a variety of platforms to include: Los Angeles, SSGN, and Virginia Class sub-systems.
3. Fiber Optic Certification.
Job Location: Manassas, Virginia
Contract Term: 40 hours/week, onsite, 50% Travel
Start Date: Approximately April 2021
Gromelski & Associates is a proud Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, genetic information, age, or any other basis protected by law ordinance, or regulation.